Apple Releases iOS 9.3.2 With Support for Simultaneous Night Shift/Low Power Mode Usage

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 16, 2016.

1. jackth29 macrumors member

jackth29

OMG my BFF Jill!

2. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

3. spytech macrumors regular

iPhone 5 - 55,6MB. Updating now. Up next is my Watch and iTunes...

4. dakwar macrumors 6502

In-the-moment convenience. My phone was already connected to my mac and the update message popped up in iTunes. The last time I updated through iTunes was a few years ago so I decided to give it a go again - see if, and how, things have evolved there.

Having now gone through the updated iTunes process, I do prefer the OTA route.

5. Markoth macrumors 6502

Markoth

I'd be very surprised if whatever issue you're having with bluetooth is fixed by this update. Bluetooth is a very unreliable technology.

6. spytech macrumors regular

Unreliable tech which surprisingly works really good on the Watch.

7. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

8. djbuddha macrumors 6502

djbuddha

Well that escalated quickly :eek:

9. Markoth macrumors 6502

Markoth

Bluetooth tends to work well with two devices from the same vendor, but two devices from different vendors tend (in my experience) to have many problems interoperating with one another. Bluetooth is especially susceptible to this because of the fact that it barely has enough bandwidth for many of the applications for which it's used. Audio streaming is a good example. Really, bluetooth is not fast enough for it, and is only capable thanks to advanced compression algorithms which make it possible. Any issues due to incompatibility or interference, and Bluetooth's performance degrades enough to have a noticeable impact on audio playback. I've had many problems with many Bluetooth headsets over the years. Certain areas of Manhattan make using bluetooth completely impractical. In theory, Bluetooth is supposed to be very resistant to interference. In practice, it is, but only to a point, and if you're making full use of bluetooth's bandwidth, even a little interference will kill your experience.

10. Omega Mac macrumors 6502

11. Dave Walker macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up about the 9.7" Pro guys.

At least we know what Pro means now. Proceed with caution.

12. zapp, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016

zapp macrumors regular

zapp

Running the Beta prior to today, no issues. Did an OTA update to GM release. Everything seemed fine until I went for drive and called someone. Terrible stuttering audio, thought it was the connection, had them call me, same result. I was however able to stream music without issue. Repaired the bluetooth with the same result. Going to do a DFU restore and see if that cures it. Vehicle is a 2012 Grand Cherokee with a 430N radio, also on my powerbeats. Restoring now.

after restore, bluetooth works again.

13. rrrahu1 macrumors member

14. 6836838 Suspended

If you have any desire to listen to quality sound then just use wires!

15. Dr.Chroma Suspended

Dr.Chroma

And this is why I always wait at least a week or so before applying the iOS update on my iPhone and or iPad. Because I don't want to be the unfortunate soul Bricking my $700 iPad and my brand-new iPhone SE.

16. goshya macrumors member

goshya

Still the same context menu bug after the update. :(

The context menu doesn't show in most 3rd party apps on devices running iOS 9 or later when selecting text for the first time.

You have to select text a second time for the context menu to show up.

Even Microsoft has confirmed that this problem exists with Outlook. Apps showing this error: Outlook, Facebook (when using the in-app browser), Chrome, Evernote etc.

For example open a website with Chrome, select a word by double tapping it. Word gets selected but no context menu. Reload the page to have the error again.

17. iOSFangirl6001 macrumors 6502

iOSFangirl6001

Okay but can someone please tell me ( explain ) why I'm seeing some people able to delete some native apps but I can't? Seriously jealous and regretting helping my mother upgrade to a 64GB SE Today and she actually gets a lot more of that 64 GB Than normal thanks to what we deleted.

#FreeUpSomeSpace

Yea found out at the Apple Store today

That's been a thing for Beta users for awhile I believe #WorthIt
    At any rate I've been entirely enjoying the combo on my late or night shifts @ Work

18. Matt- macrumors member

Does anyone know if the springboard glitch that was fixed in 9.3.1 is still fixed in 9.3.2? I had having those animations that make the phone seem slower :(

19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Just updated. 9.3.2 seems to be working fine on my iPhone 5.

20. littyboy macrumors 6502a

How is it that they can release something like this and it seems to be bricking people's devices? Oh wait, Tim Cook is still CEO. Never mind, everything makes sense.

21. ielessar macrumors regular

22. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Then I can customise a 白崎つぐみ based theme. ;)
    --- Post Merged, May 17, 2016 ---
    So iOS = iOS + Android?
    Horrible idea. What about crappy animation in app and viruses because of openness?

23. Tech198, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016

Tech198 macrumors G5

I like Apple moving forward. I really do...

They introduce thing to "save" battery like "low power mode" to please users, then they update it to make it "not to much saving" by allowing you to use it in conjunction with some other feature with would tax the battery instead of saving it as it originally intended for.

We are now saying,, It's still called "Low power mode" yet despite its name it no longer saves the same amount of power since u can use this and another feature of iOS 'at the same time"

Talk about jumping fences.. Just wondering why Apple does this ? Its like on one hand they wanna please users, while on the other hand they also wanna save battery.... Seems their stuck between a hinge and a door.

btw.. i dunno why MR keeps mentioning 'over the air' because it need wi-fi to download 89MB... as least on 4G for me, the option is greyed out unless i hook up via cable. Battery is not an issue since it's 100%... I know Apple has some ridiculous system it must be 50% charged at least.. But that's not the problem.

24. Sea Bass macrumors regular

Sea Bass

Basically. Looking up definitions doesn't work 75% of the time in Safari.

25. hannesoid macrumors newbie

hannesoid

Did the reinstall succeed in the end?