Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
What's weird is some of my devices stuck on iOS 12 stopped receiving notifications on duplicate apps. Wonder if Apple is changing something on the back end for EOL iOS 12.
Hi Joseph, when did this happen?
[automerge]1585679658[/automerge]
On Mac Mail using a .mac account, how would I turn on Push email? It seems that I am now also not receiving emails as Push. I need to click the Get New eMail button in the Mailbox tab in the task bar!

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephAW

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Hi Joseph, when did this happen?
[automerge]1585679658[/automerge]
On Mac Mail using a .mac account, how would I turn on Push email? It seems that I am now also not receiving emails as Push. I need to click the Get New eMail button in the Mailbox tab in the task bar!
Just in the past few days. Normally all my devices beep at the same time but lately just one does. Weird.

Reactions: scouser75

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I just noticed one good change no one has ever mentioned in this update: the remote feature found in control center can now control earlier generations of apple tv. Prior to iOS and iPadOS 13.4, it could only control 4th gen or later apple tv devices and now it’s clear the limitation was completely artificial. Was apple putting in place that artificial limitation to sell more apple tvs?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
...Was apple putting in place that artificial limitation to sell more apple tvs?
Do you honestly think not being able to control the apple tv from your iphone is a planned obsolescence move by Apple. I control my apple tv from the remote and a bluetooth keyboard...why even pick up my iphone.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Do you honestly think not being able to control the apple tv from your iphone is a planned obsolescence move by Apple. I control my apple tv from the remote and a bluetooth keyboard...why even pick up my iphone.
Well...why else did they limit the control center remote to apple tv 4th gen or later only? clearly there was no technical reason since they have now removed the limitation

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Well...why else did they limit the control center remote to apple tv 4th gen or later only? clearly there was no technical reason since they have now removed the limitation
It could have been some bug that needed to be fixed. Why jump right to the negative? But back to my question, do you honestly believe this bug/glitch/conspiracy would cause people to buy a new ATV in a way it would move the needle in apple financials?

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
It could have been some bug that needed to be fixed. Why jump right to the negative? But back to my question, do you honestly believe this bug/glitch/conspiracy would cause people to buy a new ATV in a way it would move the needle in apple financials?
A bug that remained in the software for nearly three years (remote in control center was introduced in iOS 11 in 2017)? i doubt it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.