Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I'm hoping it fixes the excessive "Find My" background battery drain that's been occurring ever since I activated an AirTag a couple of days back (and which returns to normal when I remove the AirTag from my account)...
I disabled Find My Network as a matter of course.

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I hope they‘ve really fixed this “Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call”
This bug is there since the iOS 13 introducion, almost 2 year ago

jlwarlow

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
Leicestershire, UK
For me the figures are good! Multi core was horrendous before. Now:

FB1A3BD8-9A2C-4BE7-BBB3-C97E453C463D.png

DrwMDvs

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
I hope this is better than 14.5. I had a handful of issues on my iPhone 12 Pro with AirPods Pro crackling with interference, won't connect issues, etc.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
They'll be up to 14.11 by the time they fix everything but they won't want to call it that because they'll have iOS 15 out by then.

• Haha
Reactions: Morod

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Why does iOS always insist on asking to remove apps when it updates? I have 5GB free and it always asks. I always say no and it updates anyways…

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I’m happy to see I’m not alone with this !
PS : I don't know yet as far as my phone is concerned but OBC on the watch is not working tonight ??‍♀️??‍♀️

Last edited:

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
This is what happens when developers only test iPhone user interfaces on a simulator running on their large monitor without bothering to check the physical device. Apple should realize that something is wrong when you have to go to a third party website to read release notes because they are unreadable in Apple's own Software Update.

IMG_0107.JPG

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Man these endless strings of iOS updates are the ultimate time wasters downloading & installing. I'm done with it. No more. From now I'm going to install/update iOS once each year — the day BEFORE WWDC.
Yeah - I'll always be one version behind - but I'll only have to jump through the hoops once a year and get a finished product. I'm done with software updates wasting my time.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Man these endless strings of iOS updates are the ultimate time wasters downloading & installing. I'm done with it. No more. From now I'm going to install/update iOS once each year — the day BEFORE WWDC.
Yeah - I'll always be one version behind - but I'll only have to jump through the hoops once a year and get a finished product. I'm done with software updates wasting my time.
Quit whining and set it up automatically update while you sleep.
Or switch to Android where you’re lucky to get one update a year with most manufacturers.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Actually, that's the wisest thing to do, to be one update behind for a bit to see if there are any showstoppers. Most users will get the update at a much later time anyway via OTA. Most people here are updating manually.

Reactions: Big Ron

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
"Podcast Subscriptions." Feh. If ever there was a more contradictory term. Podcasts are free, they're meant to be free. It took over a decade of lawsuits and patent troll fights to keep them that way, so excuse me if I balk at anyone celebrating Apple's weak attempt at going back in time in the wrong direction.
Eh, there already are podcasts that are subscription-only, and have been for a long time, and if the podcast creators want to do that, that's up to them. Apple is only offering a "we take care of all the details - for a price" way to do something that was already around. This isn't Apple trying to start the world down some new dark path.

What's different is that you can only play these podcasts in Apple's podcast app, which has not previously been particularly attractive to use, in comparison with the pile of really nice third-party podcast apps out there. I'll stick with Overcast, and only use Apple's app in the unlikely event I run across some subscription podcast that I can't live without.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
I'm hoping it fixes the excessive "Find My" background battery drain that's been occurring ever since I activated an AirTag a couple of days back (and which returns to normal when I remove the AirTag from my account)...
Holy cow, Find My has been killing my iPad nightly, and I couldn't identify why. I bet this is the cause. Thanks for the lead!

Reactions: FatPete and Yptcn

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
The weirdest thing happened today after updating to iOS 14.6 moments ago. All of the cards in my wallet got rearranged. I’ve never had that happen before.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.