Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Along with releasing Apple Watch Sport Bands in new summer colors, Apple has debuted iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max cases that are available in most of the same shades.

newsiliconecasecolorsiphone.jpg

The new cases can be purchased from Apple's online store for $39 using the links above. Updated colors include Seafoam, Vitamin C, and Linen Blue, which are light green, orange, and dark blue shades, respectively. There is no Coastal Gray Silicone case option, which is a band color that Apple just released.

Apple regularly refreshes the available colors of its case options designed for the iPhone, and this summer release comes just two weeks ahead of WWDC 2020, a digital-only event that will kick off on June 22.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Silicone Cases in New Colors

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
this is cool IMO, I know some people that don't buy iphones on launch day so they start their spring/summer with fresh new colored cases that nobody else got around launch time.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
Can someone recommend a case that matches well with a green iPhone 11? I'm really mostly looking for a bumper, but even with the above rubber cases, few seem to look right.

dennislaska

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Buffalo,NY
Tim and the design team knocked it out of the park with these cases. This is a game changer that even Samsung won't be able to pull off. This is why Tim is king and that new Apple facility was worth every penny.

• Haha
Reactions: sideshowuniqueuser

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Does anyone know why apple never released any official cases for the iPhone XR? (apart from that clear one)

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Never again. I bought one and the blue color chipped off on the sides within 6 months. Then I was like „ok I will give the leather case a chance“ and two months later the volume up button was stuck halfway inside the case.

Ironically the only scratches i have on my XS Max is by the bottom where the Apple case doesn’t cover it and stuff goes inside.

Anyway, speaking of the iPhone 11 case, I don’t like how the huge camera cut out obviously doesn’t color match, looks just weird to me. I prefer those extra thin cases that have cut outs just for the camera circles

Reactions: sideshowuniqueuser

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Tim and the design team knocked it out of the park with these cases. This is a game changer that even Samsung won't be able to pull off. This is why Tim is king and that new Apple facility was worth every penny.
lol at the thought of Tim being involved in color choices. Have you seen the man’s style? I wouldn’t exactly call it fashion forward.

Yes, there are people at Apple dedicated to choosing colors for products. That’s their job.

PS Apple couldn’t care less what Samsung does for the most part, unless they violate Apple’s IP. It has little to no effect on Apple.

PPS The Apple spaceship campus was paid off many years ago. It only cost $5 billion; Apple earns that in a month.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
Are you new to Apple?

Obviously not, seeing your post count. Why the surprise? ?
I'm not new to Apple either, but even still, I was surprised at this price, it's an 800% markup on the retail price of other phone cases, that's huge even for Apple. It would be like HP selling a laptop for $2,000, and Apple selling a similar spec'd one for $16,000.
[automerge]1591655702[/automerge]
lol at the thought of Tim being involved in color choices. Have you seen the man’s style? I wouldn’t exactly call it fashion forward.

Yes, there are people at Apple dedicated to choosing colors for products. That’s their job.

PS Apple couldn’t care less what Samsung does for the most part, unless they violate Apple’s IP. It has little to no effect on Apple.

PPS The Apple spaceship campus was paid off many years ago. It only cost $5 billion; Apple earns that in a month.
I think you missed the sarcasm :p
[automerge]1591655797[/automerge]
Does anyone know why apple never released any official cases for the iPhone XR? (apart from that clear one)
Because you're too poor to afford an official Apple case :D :cool:

• Disagree
Reactions: Trhodezy

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I have an Alaskan Blue case on my iPhone. When I saw the new Linen Blue, I had to toggle back and forth a few times to see if I could tell the difference. I wonder why they make colors so similar.

Reactions: MrJM

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'm not new to Apple either, but even still, I was surprised at this price, it's an 800% markup on the retail price of other phone cases, that's huge even for Apple. It would be like HP selling a laptop for $2,000, and Apple selling a similar spec'd one for $16,000.

But if you‘re not new to Apple, then this still shouldn‘t come as any surprise. Apple has been selling bumpers and cases since iPhone 4 at similar prices. That’s 10 consecutive years of the same (relative) price point.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015

I may be mistaken, but I think the XR was the first iPhone product line that came in a variety of bold colors? I guess they assumed that most people would want to show off the color.

For the 11, they switched gears & offered colors, but I think for the XR, they were pushing the colors.

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I may be mistaken, but I think the XR was the first iPhone product line that came in a variety of bold colors? I guess they assumed that most people would want to show off the color.

For the 11, they switched gears & offered colors, but I think for the XR, they were pushing the colors.

Then why not “push the colors” by pushing the colors with a range of colorful cases?

At the time I can remember a whole range of weird explanations eg “Apple only made cases for premium/pro phones”.

dennislaska

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Buffalo,NY

I was being sarcastic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.