Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.3

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple yesterday released iPhoto 9.1.3, a minor update addressing an issue with merged events transferred to iOS devices.
This update fixes a problem that could cause some events merged in iPhoto to be split back into multiple events on iOS devices after being synced.

This update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '11.
The update weighs in at 106.29 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6. The update comes just a few weeks after the late April release of iPhoto 9.1.2.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.3

blackboxxx

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008
Good to see the iPhoto team fixing bugs, but they still haven't done anything about the ridiculous "jumping" scrolling behavior they introduced in 9.1.2 (without any mention in the change log).
It's absolutely contrary to the smooth iOS-like experience that Apple apps have started to adopt, and kind of defeats the purpose of multi-touch mice and trackpads with inertial scrolling.

I wonder what the hell they were smoking when they decided to implement this "feature". It makes navigating through events and photos much harder due to constant jumping up and down caused by the slightest finger movements (that would normally translate into scrolling 1 or 2 pixels in most other apps).

Comment

oscarmacca

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2008
Where's the Beach Ball gone?

iPhoto seems to be really usable now.

Quit and launched 6 times with no Beach Ball and NO force quitting needed.

Comment

padsoftware

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
Details

I've asked Software Update to just download the .pkg file, and as I looked though it, it also seems to have fixed some bugs for Lion's iPhoto as well.

Comment

musiqman

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
Fixed a bug that nobody noticed

After a few completely unsuccessful attempts in March by Apple techs to keep my iPhoto from crashing, they downloaded through one of their fancy little tech programs a lot of info from my Mac and said they would turn it over to their engineers. They said they would get back to me...
I had decided to make a "book" for my mom and each and every time I tried to purchase it, it would crash on assembly of it. I never heard back but when the update was released and I updated my mac, the iphoto never crashed as I now have purchased my Book for mom. Yes, too late for Mother's Day but mom's are good with things like that. Thanks Mom, Thanks Apple.

Comment

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
hi roadbloc, it's the pre-installed version.

Have you moved iPhoto from it's original location?

Ie. The original location is /Applications/iPhoto.app
Many people like to move it to somewhere like /Applications/iLife/iPhoto.app
But it results in no updates being found.

PS. also try the app store as well if that doesn't work.

Comment

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
since i went back to the previous release, my library has been flawless, fast and not only fully functional, but more functional.

9 was such a step back....i really dont see why anyone would want to keep it to be honest.:confused:

Comment

mpolda

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2010
Event Scrubbing

It's nice to see this fix, but when are they going to fix the scrubbing issue? In the previous version you could scrub over an event and click on the picture you wanted. It would then open the event with that picture selected. Now it simple opens to the first picture, no matter which picture was clicked on.

Comment

meerkat35

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Have you checked it via App Store?

Have you moved iPhoto from it's original location?

Ie. The original location is /Applications/iPhoto.app
Many people like to move it to somewhere like /Applications/iLife/iPhoto.app
But it results in no updates being found.

PS. also try the app store as well if that doesn't work.

aahh! thanks roadbloc, i have removed the folder and left the iLife apps as it is now and it works as a charm. Why does it happened? I am also assuming that the effect is on other apps too.

thanks again!

Comment

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Still cannot edit TIFF images from iPhoto in Photoshop (CS5)

iPhoto 9.1.3 is still changing the file tag of any TIFF files stored in the iPhoto library after upgrading to iPhoto 11, to JPEG, as it exports them to an external editor - Photoshop CS5 in my case. Photoshop then of course cannot then open them and you get a JPEG code error (not surprising, as of course, it is not a JPEG file). Apple have been aware of this issue for some time and I find it more than a little disappointing that they still have not sorted this out after 3 months. I was told by an Apple rep that this only applied to imported and not referenced TIFF's but even this was wrong. It still appends a JPEG suffix on export to edit. I have been forced to change over to using Media Pro as a library storage program. I have been reporting this bug through bug reporter and Apple Developer for some time but no cure so far.

Wilson

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.