Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Hi guys, I have a question why is it that Apple has decided to scrap white coloured Ipods?

Is it a cost reason because I thought white paint was the cheapest which is why in Japan white cars are the most popular and cheapest.

Or it is that they want to create a new colour mark with history now or something? Deciding to scrap white just for the heck of it?

They're discontinuing the use of PVC and other non-green materials in their products from what I've heard. That's most likely the reason.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
My iTunes library is about 600 gigs at this point--no, not one single stolen song, video, or movie.

I guess that is uncompressed or lossless, right?

For the iPod Classic I could re-rip my library in 320 kbs AAC and there would still be room for movies on the 80 GB model.

Amazing to think 5 GB was the high end when the first iPod came out.

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
I ordered an iPod classic immediately after the keynote on Wednesday and Apple still hasn't shipped it. Irritating!!!:mad::mad::mad:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I ordered an iPod classic immediately after the keynote on Wednesday and Apple still hasn't shipped it. Irritating!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Relax... so did I.

I even had to wait almost 24 hours before getting my order-confirmation email.
I expect mine to arrive here in Holland sometime next week.

Man.. can't wait to get the full 160 GB!! Yeehaa! :cool:

justhemusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
Price drop on the previous 'classics'?

has anyone heard rumors about a possible price drop on the previous flagship 30 & 80gig iPods now that the new 80 & 160 gig Classics have been released?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Now I want a 160gb one just after buying my 80gb one a few months ago... is there no end? ;)

Guess I'll wait for the 200-250gb one, but what I'm really after is something about 600gb in size to hold my Lossless collection with some room to spare.

mihiruthere93

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Relax... so did I.

I even had to wait almost 24 hours before getting my order-confirmation email.
I expect mine to arrive here in Holland sometime next week.

Man.. can't wait to get the full 160 GB!! Yeehaa! :cool:

dats too bad for you guys! I was at tyson's corner today and i saw an apple store and I went in there and got one right away :D if there's an apple store near u guys go for it instead of ordering online... so worth it. so far, the ipod seems great! definitely worth the money! :D:D:D i luv u :apple:

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Now I want a 160gb one just after buying my 80gb one a few months ago... is there no end? ;)

I know! I had the 60 5G, told myself that 20 extra GBs was not worth the upgrade...but then I saw the brighter screen. I just said no to 5.5, but now the 80GB is SO slim....but I really want 160Gb(once I'm done importing this round of movies, I'll need the 160Gbs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.