Apple releases Lightning tu USB-C Cable

Daku93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Apple finally released a Lightning to USB-C Cable. That means you can finally charge your iPad Pro (at least the 12.9" one) with the 29W Macbook Charger.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0X2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-c-cable-1-m?fnode=91

As stated in the regulatory information for Mexico, the iPad should actually support charging at the faster rate. That would be nearly twice as fast.

EDIT: Can some Mod please fix the typo in the title :)

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
nice catch
"This USB-C cable connects your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to your computer’s USB-C port for syncing and charging. You can also use the cable with an Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter to take advantage of the fast charging feature on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro."

i wonder if the 29W adapter is the one from the Macbook?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Yes it is. I just ordered both of them (Cable and 29W Macbook Power Supply) and will report if it really charges faster, when they get here.
Bought the same thing (the 2 meter cable). Can't stand how long it takes to charge the 12.9 Pro with the included 12w brick. Hopefully this is much faster!

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
yes almost twice as fast
[doublepost=1458585497][/doublepost]
Yes it is. I just ordered both of them (Cable and 29W Macbook Power Supply) and will report if it really charges faster, when they get here.
so plz report here, i have the macbook so, i just need this cable, but here in my country will probably came in May...
[doublepost=1458586311][/doublepost]Keep in mind that the 12.9″ iPad Pro is also the only iPad Pro capable of taking advantage of USB 3.0 speeds. The 9.7″ version is still USB 2.0.
so no real difference if you have the 9.7" ipad pro

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.