Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a trio of updates for its professional-level audio applications, bringing stability improvements and a number of bug fixes.

- Logic Pro 9.0.1 weighs in at 183 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
This update improves overall stability and provides numerous fixes and enhancements.

Issues addressed include:

* Flex Markers can align & snap to MIDI notes
* Performing a punch-in recording with Replace Mode now behaves correctly
* The I/O plug-in adds an option for latency compensation
A more expansive list of changes can be found in Apple's release notes for the update.

- Logic Express 9.0.1 weighs in at 133.74 MB and also requires Mac OS X 10.5.8. Apple highlights the same three changes found in Logic Pro, but also includes a full list of changes in the update's release notes.

- MainStage 2.0.1 weighs in at 206.75 MB and also requires Mac OS X 10.5.8.
This update improves overall performance and provides numerous fixes and enhancements, including the Loopback and Playback plug-ins:

Issues addressed include:

* The Reverse option for Loopback now behaves consistently
* Pitchbend data is transmitted properly to external instruments
* A recording in Loopback can be used to define the tempo for MainStage
* The I/O plug-in is now available in MainStage
Further details are provided in the update's release notes.

Article Link: Apple Releases Logic Pro 9.0.1, Logic Express 9.0.1, and MainStage 2.0.1

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
Have yet to install 9, as I can't do that untill i replace my Macbook Pro HD with a 500GB, as i simply don't have room at the moment.:eek:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Some improvements in L9.0.1...but why does memory use still suck so bad? Still some 8.x sessions that won't open in 9 (even on a mac pro with tons of ram).

product26

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
I will be purchasing logic express very soon. Does anybody know if logic express can open logic pro/studio files? I have some sessions I hope to be able to open.

also... anybody wanna buy a copy of pro tools m-powered 7.4? :)

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This is a good first step. I'll have to see how 9.0.1 works with SL. I had decided to wait for both a few updates both too the OS and Logic. We'll see how she goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.