Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released Logic Pro 9.0.2, addressing several bugs and enhancing overall stability on Apple's professional audio editing application.
This update improves overall stability and provides numerous fixes and enhancements. Issues addressed include:

- Flex Markers can align & snap to MIDI notes
- Performing a punch-in recording with Replace Mode now behaves correctly
- The I/O plug-in adds an option for latency measurement
- TDM plug-ins now behave as expected. (Only affects users with Pro Tools HD audio hardware.)
The update weighs in at 183 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases Logic Pro 9.0.2

yoink

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Let's hope this fixes a rash of EuCon issues that plagued 9.0.1 and the incredible bug in 9.0.1 that saw the I/O plugin drop levels to -24db when you tried to change them from their defaults. The odd thing is, latency measurement was in the 9.0.1 release too. Maybe they meant "The WORKING I/O plugin-in..."

It's funny how quickly they've been working to right Logic's wrongs. I've been using Logic for 9 years and this is my favourite release yet.

I'm off to test the EuCon implementation to see if they fixed the AUX/BUS routing bugs.

interestedabit

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2006
Very welcome update, I'm still a novice and I love Logic 9 but I know a lot of people were saying that Apple do not really push updates on Logic much - if this is a sign of things to come then all the better. I know Logic 8 hit .01 and .02... let's see if we can see 9.03 in the not too distant future (there are still a lot of bugs 9.02 does not address apparently) and we will know they are serious about keeping this app the best out there. Protools is also amongst the best of course and is used in pro studios everywhere for band recordings etc.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Very welcome update, I'm still a novice and I love Logic 9 but I know a lot of people were saying that Apple do not really push updates on Logic much - if this is a sign of things to come then all the better. I know Logic 8 hit .01 and .02... let's see if we can see 9.03 in the not too distant future (there are still a lot of bugs 9.02 does not address apparently) and we will know they are serious about keeping this app the best out there. Protools is also amongst the best of course and is used in pro studios everywhere for band recordings etc.

I miss the days when Logic would actually hit a .1 release. Logic 9 should've been Logic 8.1, or at least 8.5. It changed nowhere near the amount that 6 to 7, or even 7 to 8 did.

yoink

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I miss the days when Logic would actually hit a .1 release. Logic 9 should've been Logic 8.1, or at least 8.5. It changed nowhere near the amount that 6 to 7, or even 7 to 8 did.

Flextime and the new 0.1/0.2 I/O plugin with measurable latency and *WORKING* latency compensation were big steps/milestones for Logic. Flextime worked pretty well for a new feature and the ease of use is spectacular. The updated I/O plugin means we can reliably use all our outboard gear - something people have been crying foul over as it was one of TDM ProTools' major advantages.

Apple has been pushing the Logic team quite hard to get the audio components up to snuff and I'd say that while there is still a ways to go, they're doing an adequate job.

Logic, when pinged with the I/O plugin on the system I'm working on, came up with 1 sample of additional latency. Logic was pretty close with it's own internal compensation on that one. I'd be interested to hear how others are faring.

Stirfry2112

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles

Yeah, and same goes for Final Cut 7 and most of the pro aps. It pissed me off untill I remembered that you don't have to buy every upgrade :)

I cant wait till the Logic update that make the Nehalem Macs worth buying :eek:

nickweston

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
64 bit

Logic needs to become a 64bit app to be a serious tool. I love Logic, use it 10 hours a day, but the 32bit thing limits the memory and is killing the joy.

C'mon Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.