Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian_W

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2018
Apple won’t replace my hp for now. They want me to wait for the software update. But they didn’t say when it is released.

I just want my sound back. I don’t need any pairing. Just sound quality like it used to be! :(

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
It will be interesting to see what this software update is, Apple are in a hole here.

The majority of people like the 11.3 sound better, but there are a few that prefer 11.2.5 which is what they bought it with so are fully entitled to have that sound back.

So what do Apple do, if they just switch it back to the 11.2.5 sound there will be a lot of disgruntled users. If they leave it as it is there will still be disgruntled users, but probably not as may.

They only answer is to give us a choice, but that is not what Apple are trying to achieve with the HP, they are trying to achieve one sound for everybody but everyone has different tastes so i think Apple need to give in and give us some presets or Equaliser settings.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
I think its the other way around. Most prefer the 11.2.5
There only seems to be a few that don't like, but they are more vocal about it because they are really upset because they are not getting the sound they paid for. Whereas the people who are happy with the update just post the once because they are happy with it. So it just seems a lot of people are not happy and they are posting a lot, but it is just the same few, with good reason too.

Buerkletucson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Minnesota
There only seems to be a few that don't like, but they are more vocal about it because they are really upset because they are not getting the sound they paid for. Whereas the people who are happy with the update just post the once because they are happy with it. So it just seems a lot of people are not happy and they are posting a lot, but it is just the same few, with good reason too.

All a BIG FAT guess at best....

Neither you or I or anyone here have any idea how many like the update, how many hate it, or how many are just putting up with it.
What percentage that own Homepods are on this forum?.......pretty small % I'd guess.

It's absolutely wrong on Apple's part regardless......

It's like purchasing a high end sports car and then after having it for 2-months the manufacturer updates the ECU and now it drives like a Prius. :eek:

Reactions: delo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.