Apple Releases New iPod Ad (featuring Bob Dylan)

MacBytes

macrumors bot
Original poster
Jul 5, 2003
18,275
0



Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple debuts iTunes+iPod commercial with Bob Dylan
Description:: Apple has debuted a new silhouette-style television commercial for iTunes and the iPod featuring a partially silhouetted BoB Dylan wearing an iPod while performing a song from his new album, Modern Times. This ad differs from any of Apple's previous silhouette ads in that the ad features mostly black and white coloring as opposed to the traditional pink, yellow, blue, and green. Previously, U2 starred in a silhouette iPod+iTunes television ad of their own...

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
 

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
654
1
Los Angeles
steviem said:
:confused: I thought he was dissing digital music just last week....

Well, I guess money talks, huh.
That's right. Remember Eminem's Apple lawsuit? It was over the kid singing an Eminem song while listening to an iPod.

Here's a quote from Eminem's lawyer: He had never endorsed a product. They felt that using 'Lose Yourself' was in effect an endorsement of the product and it would be much more valuable than what they were talking about paying. (reference here)

Not long after that, Eminem himself was in one of the silhouette ads.
 

CTYankee

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
404
3
tk421 said:
That's right. Remember Eminem's Apple lawsuit? It was over the kid singing an Eminem song while listening to an iPod.

Here's a quote from Eminem's lawyer: He had never endorsed a product. They felt that using 'Lose Yourself' was in effect an endorsement of the product and it would be much more valuable than what they were talking about paying. (reference here)

Not long after that, Eminem himself was in one of the silhouette ads.
that was part of the settlement...probably got his money the exposure he was after when they first approached him.
 

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
46,809
8,970
Apple Releases New iPod Ad (featuring Bob Dylan)



Apple has released a new iPod + iTunes Ad featuring Bob Dylan and promoting Dylan's new album Modern Times. The ad can be found via Apple's website, and Modern Times is available for pre-order via the iTunes Music Store (link).
 

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
247
0
Just watched it, love it. (Bob Dylan + Apple=!!!)

Although... does this mean no update for awhile? The girl dancing appears to have a 5G...
 

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
904
65
St. Louis, MO
Nice ad! I liked some of those close up shots of the fretboard as he was playing. Never thought I would be jazzed about a new iPod + iTunes ad :p
 

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
995
2
Honolulu, HI
Glassbathroom said:
Cool!
__________________
Ordered : 2.66GHz Quad Xeon Mac Pro

Quad Xeon??? I think you mean Dual Xeon (the Xeon chips are dual core)...a quad xeon would come to 8 cores....maybe one day, but not yet.:)
 

confirmed

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
121
47
New York, NY
fenixx said:
Just watched it, love it. (Bob Dylan + Apple=!!!)

Although... does this mean no update for awhile? The girl dancing appears to have a 5G...

no.. this means they're trying to clear inventory for an ipod update. probably mid-October, like usual.
 

PDubNYC

macrumors member
May 14, 2003
64
0
NYC
steviem said:
:confused: I thought he was dissing digital music just last week....

Well, I guess money talks, huh.

I got the impression from his comments last week that he hated the modern engineering techniques being used on music, perhaps making things too perfect. Not so the much the digital delivery of the music on CD or iTMS.

could be wrong.

And as far as money talks, well yes it does,, but really he is promoting himself and his new album, not so much the iTMS, at least that is the main reason he is there, i would think.
 

conditionals

macrumors regular
May 5, 2005
167
0
Australia
fenixx said:
Although... does this mean no update for awhile? The girl dancing appears to have a 5G...
ZOMG no I can't see the trackwheel. Must be a new one! When's it coming out?

I mean I'm so excited, usually Apple don't put their new secrecy-shrouded models in ads by accident before they are released, but 1337 I'm so excited.