Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released Xcode 15.2 and TestFlight version 3.5, both of which have been updated with support for the Vision Pro headset that is set to come out in early February.

testflight-icon.jpg

Xcode 15.2 is equipped with the visionOS SDK, and the release notes suggest that Apple has implemented several fixes for visionOS into the software. Xcode 15.2 can be used by developers to create visionOS apps for the Apple Vision Pro headset, and it also includes SDKs for iOS 17.2, iPadOS 17.2, tvOS 17.2, watchOS 10.2, and macOS Sonoma 14.2.

As for TestFlight, version 3.5 of the app allows for the beta testing of visionOS apps for the first time, plus it allows compatible iOS and iPadOS apps to be used on the Apple Vision Pro headset.

Apps created for visionOS can be submitted to the Apple Vision Pro App Store starting today. Many iPhone and iPad apps will work on Apple Vision Pro unmodified, but developers can make device-specific tweaks. Apple plans to publish iPhone and iPad apps on the Vision Pro store by default, but developers can opt out through App Store Connect.

The Vision Pro headset will launch on Friday, February 2 at retail stores in the United States. Pre-orders for the device will be accepted starting on Friday, January 19 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Article Link: Apple Releases New Versions of TestFlight and Xcode With Vision Pro Support, Starts Accepting visionOS Apps

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
After 7 months since WWDC, I'd love a peek at the short descriptions of true Vpro apps developed by the developer community ASAP. I bet there's a few dazzlers that show some great imagination. Apple gave us a peek at some of their own software in the WWDC demo and now it's the community's turn to shine... or shine too??? I hope there's some amazing being uploaded into that store.

Reactions: Ghost31

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
For the life of me, I cannot think of a single app that works better floating in midair than on a physical interface. Except maybe Maps. But who in their right mind is trying to get somewhere with that thing on their face.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
For the life of me, I cannot think of a single app that works better floating in midair than on a physical interface. Except maybe Maps. But who in their right mind is trying to get somewhere with that thing on their face.
Perhaps the passenger in the car could be navigating while looking at maps instead of using CarPlay. That made me think of the hybrid in Battlestar Galactica, hehe.

• Haha
Reactions: iLuddite

Marbles1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2011
So.. what are the killer apps coming out then?

The Minecraft demo years ago on the Microsoft HoloLens was amazing.

Any sign of that?

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
So you can't think of any apps that will work on an 80"+ screen? The air is just a screen in this case.

Edit: Also, you don't go anywhere with it on that is kind of the point.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
After 7 months since WWDC, I'd love a peek at the short descriptions of true Vpro apps developed by the developer community ASAP. I bet there's a few dazzlers that show some great imagination. Apple gave us a peek at some of their own software in the WWDC demo and now it's the community's turn to shine... or shine too??? I hope there's some amazing being uploaded into that store.
I would assume there will be another show off session when it launches with lots of demos of what devs have come up with.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
So you can't think of any apps that will work on an 80"+ screen? The air is just a screen in this case.

Edit: Also, you don't go anywhere with it on that is kind of the point.
I'd put it on an 80" screen then and control it with a much more powerful OS and input devices that are comprehensive and already understood.

In fact, I do that already. I extend my laptop display to my projector all the time. Works great and cost me $45 for that projector.

• Haha
Reactions: spazzcat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.