Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atomic Wasp

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2013
Has anyone noticed a problem with Safari when moving between pages with the magic mouse gesture? Swiping to the left or right to switch pages crashes Safari for me.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Neither one worked after more than two tries each, but I can now hear my computer make sound during startup or reboot (but that's it, sound is still grayed-out and videos in my harddrive still won't play). Any other suggestions (from the same poster or any others)? Thanks again!!

Make a new user account in Users and Groups (Admin), restart, login into new account, if you have sound there you have issues with your normal account.
You could also try to hold the Shift key instantly after login into your normal account.
(Click your User Account, input password, hit Enter and instantly hold the shift key.)
Hope that works, if this is the case something inside your login items is preventing sound to work.

rg-easton

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
10.9.4 Shouldn't have been released

I'm having lots of problems with this:
Can't open finder
Can't open contacts
Disk utility verify disk won't complete
Can't open activity monitor
It thinks I have two SSDs when I only have one
I wish I had stayed with the prior release

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I'm having lots of problems with this:
Can't open finder
Can't open contacts
Disk utility verify disk won't complete
Can't open activity monitor
It thinks I have two SSDs when I only have one
I wish I had stayed with the prior release

Since others aren't reporting those problems, sounds like something got corrupted on your machine as opposed to a problem with the software update. I would download the combo updater and try running that first and see if it improves anything, along with the basics like disk utility and repairing permissions.

tphinney

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2014
this better fix the sharty 4k support.

Nope. The breakage of 4K dual-monitor support from 10.9.3 is not fixed in 10.9.4, at least not at first look.

Dell U2711 (2560x1440)
Samsung U28D590 (3860x2160, a.k.a. 4K)

Under 10.9.2 I could use both monitors and my late 2013 MBP screen at the same time. Under 10.9.3 and 10.9.4, whichever screen connects first is recognized, but I can't use both. It does enable retina mode on the 4K screen, which is nice... but not worth losing an entire monitor for.

Color me sad. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.