Apple Releases OS X Lion 10.7.5 Build 11G36 to Developers

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
If this is in jest, fine. But if you are having issues with 10.6.8, let us know.
No issues at all with 10.6.8. I'm guessing that .9 will do away with all the MobileMe/iDisk references in SL.
And yes, my iMac is capable of running Mountain Lion, but I doubt I'll ever upgrade to it. SL is everything I need in an OS.

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Come on, 10.6.9! :)
I think that ship has sailed... but I guess we can always hope? iCloud on Snow Leopard would be a godsend, and there were signs over a year ago that Apple was working on 10.6.9. Just vaporware now, I think.

I wonder if there would be a market of 10.6.8 users who would want a third-party update to add iCloud/remove MobileMe/iDisk. It really just involves a bunch of reverse engineering of how iCloud sync works. Someone already did that for .Mac a number of years ago, and some parts probably aren't even too different.

Last edited:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
No issues at all with 10.6.8. I'm guessing that .9 will do away with all the MobileMe/iDisk references in SL.
And yes, my iMac is capable of running Mountain Lion, but I doubt I'll ever upgrade to it. SL is everything I need in an OS.
I'm sure a ton of people feel that way. The problem will come down the road when apps start requiring a newer OS version.

And the idea of a third party adding support for iCloud is an interesting one. Personally I'm not using iCloud even though I have multiple machines that can run 10.8, because my main email machine at home is limited to 10.6.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
updates are usualy nessary to fix issues or add features that only pertain to developers. with 10.8 being so well adopted, apple can take their time with 10.7 updates.

10.8 on the surface looks like it's a minor update to Lion, but it really has added a lot of API's that app developers can play with.

Perhaps some of these APIs will filter down to 10.7 updates.
What gives you the idea Apple will have those APIs filter down to 10.7? They can't even be bothered to make a sandbox friendly way of having autolaunch in Lion without it crashing Snow Leopard.