Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dembo

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
London, UK / Frankfurt, Germany
First test: Wifi issue (in my case: severely degraded speed when Bluetooth is active (rMBP 15'', late 2013, discrete graphics)) not fixed.

After performing an SMC and PRA/NVRAM reset things might be fixed, I am still investigating.

Two questions to tywebb13:

1. Is this the combo for the final version or for the beta version?
2. On what machines should the firmware updates be run?

rhoydotp

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2006
Hmm, why am I not seeing "Fixes issue that causes your £2500 computer with highest end specs to run a little bit slower than your Windows 95 PC from 1999" in the list of fixes?

Haha! Funny ... but wait, is it a fresh Windows 95 install or after you loaded it up with some applications? :D

kettle

macrumors 65816
Hmm, why am I not seeing "Fixes issue that causes your £2500 computer with highest end specs to run a little bit slower than your Windows 95 PC from 1999" in the list of fixes?

I don't think this is facetious - I'm back on 10.8.5 after being disappointed in Mavericks and completely annoyed that Yosemite was worse but confirmed that Mavericks wouldn't be getting the performance of Mountain Lion.

I'm using a mid 2012 2.6GHz rMBP with 16GB ram and the 512SSD

Last edited:

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Wi-Fi still broken for me. Does not automatically connect when I switch user accounts, nor does it reconnect when I restart my computer.

What you should do is email Tim Cook or Craig Federighi. I emailed Tim recently about a Safari bug with my contact number attached. A couple of days later, an engineer at Apple called me and the issue was resolved a beta or two later. I can't guarantee a response, but ranting and being angry won't get you anywhere.

CptnJustc

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2007
iTunes syncs with my old iPod Nano again. In 10.10.1 it would show up in Finder, but iTunes would pretend it wasn't there.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
I may have missed it - but I didn't see any evidence of firmware being updated.

Any way to check that it's been done?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.