Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

222815-printers_icon.jpg

Apple today released a series of updates to its printer, scanner and multifunction device drivers for Mac OS X Snow Leopard:

- Brother 2.4 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (104.70 MB)
- Infotec-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (20.05 MB)
- Lanier-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (20.52 MB)
- NRG-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (19.7 MB)
- Gestetner-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (20.31 MB)
- Savin-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (20.32 MB)
- Ricoh-7 Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 (21.78 MB)

Article Link: Apple Releases Printer Driver Updates for Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Groves

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2001
I sure wish it would let me select double sided or not from my computer instead of having to select it at the printer.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Make Brother printers print?

Haha. I wonder the same as the OP, like maybe it added more features to bring some closer to parity with the Windows version.

Example: my printer doesn't have a duplexer, but the Windows driver supports manual duplexing. (You tell it to print, it prints half, tells you when and how to turn the paper, then prints the rest.) With the OS X driver, I have to go into the settings every time to print the evens first, wait, flip the paper, go into settings again to print the odds, and remember which way to turn the paper.

Doesn't sound much less convenient, but having to essentially print the document twice really is. :) (The real solution is to get a duplexing printer, but I would rather my personal printer not take up the entire living room.)

Groves

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2001
Its the manufacturer's fault. not apples.

I wasn't laying blame, just hopeful that this new driver would solve it. And............it DOES!!

Nothing was more frustrating than printing multiple copies of a 3 page document only to find out that the printer in its wisdom starts printing page #1 of copy #2 on the "blank" backside of page #2 of copy #1.

Nice update. I'm happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.