MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

204252-final_cut_studio.jpg

Apple today released Pro Applications Update 2010-02, a package of updates for users of the company's Final Cut Studio professional-level video and audio editing suite.
Pro Application Update 2010-02 adds compatibility for new camera formats, improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues.

This update is recommend for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio.
Details of the enhancements included in the update are available in the release notes for Final Cut Pro 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Color 1.5.3, and Compressor 3.5.3. Apple Qmaster has also been updated to version 3.5.3, but the release notes on Apple's support site have yet to be updated with information on changes included in the release.

The update weighs in at 321.1 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and QuickTime 7.6.2 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases Pro Applications Update 2010-02

fredoviola

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
why Logic users?

What would be the benefit for a Logic Pro user to use this update? Nothing about Logic in the notes... Anyone know?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
well this is good news for me as I own an NXCAM so i can do SD. Also now when I import using Linear PCM audio will be faster.
Now only to fix the timecode issue.

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
The update weighs in at 321.1 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and QuickTime 7.6.2 or later.

Would you mind stop using the phrase "weighs in at xxx MB". It is getting really old and cliched. It doesn't really weigh anything and it is not cute anymore to say it does.

How about this...

The update is 321 MB.

Quick and to the point.

As George Orwell once pointed out, if a metaphor does not conjure up an image in the reader's mind, it has not use.

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Would you mind stop using the phrase "weighs in at xxx MB". It is getting really old and cliched. It doesn't really weigh anything and it is not cute anymore to say it does.

How about this...

The update is 321 MB.

Quick and to the point.

As George Orwell once pointed out, if a metaphor does not conjure up an image in the reader's mind, it has not use.

Really? Because this is what I think of every time someone says "weighs in at".

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
apple releases an update to itunes too

This release also provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
• Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
• Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
• Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
• Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.