Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released ProKit 5.0, an update to the framework that provides the controls and user interface for Apple's pro applications. A number of Apple's pro applications, including the Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio suites for video and audio production and editing also received updates today.
About ProKit 5.0
This update improves general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express HD, Soundtrack, Logic Pro and Logic Express.
ProKit 5.0 weighs in at 18 MB and requires OS X 10.5 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases ProKit 5.0

C

champ01

Its probably an update so things work well with FCS3 and LOGIC 9

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Doesn't seem to break Logic Pro 8 so far. I'm always scared of updates involving Logic.

freiheit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2004
California
Better SMP in FCE would be a nice update.

I wish Apple would release some kind of update that would make Final Cut Express 4 better able to handle multiple processors. For one it would certainly make "realtime" effects more "realtime" and would speed up rendering/exporting. Exporting an FCE project on my 2006 quad-core Mac Pro uses up-to 2 cores. Meanwhile a $23.32 video transcoder I bought a couple of years ago (VisualHub we'll miss ye) makes good use of all 4 cores and gets the job done a lot faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.