Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 105 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced four years ago in March 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 105 includes bug fixes and performance improvements for CSS, JavaScript, Media, Web Animations, Accessibility, Rendering, Web API, and Web Inspector.

The new Safari Technology Preview update is available for both macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina, the newest version of the Mac operating system that was released in October 2019.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 105 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

mi7chy

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2014
Hopefully with iOS/iPad 14 it'll be unbundled from OS updates and allowed to be updated through app store.

Reactions: Bruno Castelló
Comment

Kabeyun

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
I just want it to work properly with reCAPTCHA. For that inconsistency another little reasons here and there, I’m slowly moving over to FireFox.

Reactions: daabido
Comment

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
So many pages recently load blank on my iPad when I use Safari. The same pages load fine ion Edge. Can't bring myself to use Chrome.

Reactions: daabido
Comment

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
So many pages recently load blank on my iPad when I use Safari. The same pages load fine ion Edge. Can't bring myself to use Chrome.

Likely it's because the site you're going to wants you to undo the security stance of allowing cookies/ads/or videos. Look in the top left of the url box. See an AA. open it up and press the menu allowing cookies, etc. I've had the same requests on some fishier sites, and I just back up and go away.

If it's somewhere you go often, change your Website Settings so you don't block ads, and then you can just see it perfectly the first time.

Comment

MauiPa

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2018
Hopefully with iOS/iPad 14 it'll be unbundled from OS updates and allowed to be updated through app store.
They don't do that with beta releases, so why should they do that with Safari technology Preview? And this is a macOS product isn't it? Not available for iOS/iPadOS. If I'm wrong, I want it on my iPhone
[automerge]1587694567[/automerge]
Really? and you concluded that in 5 minutes of use? Gotta love the Apple consumer.
chill haterboi, that was an off-handed comment about a writer who used to make that stamens about very safari release. Its called sarcasm, and actually pretty funny
[automerge]1587694677[/automerge]
I just want it to work properly with reCAPTCHA. For that inconsistency another little reasons here and there, I’m slowly moving over to FireFox.
wow, works great on mine, you must be holding it wrong

Comment

ksec

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2015
I kept thinking Safari has gotten slower sine v13, not sure why.

Comment

maneta

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2018
kinda' laggy when scrolling on facebook and other java eater web...but on Safari works great
what's happening ? are they going down or something ?

Comment

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
This issue has existed for multiple years:

With search engine set to Google, type something into the Safari address bar to search.

After the Google search results page appears, click on the History menu. The search results page is displayed in History.

On the Google search results page, click on any of the results.

After the page loads, click on the History menu again. The Google search results page is gone from History.

On the new page, click on another link, then check History menu again. The previous page and the new page appear in History. So why is Google search results page gone?

This issue does not occur in Chrome or Firefox.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.