Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 33 With Netflix AirPods Bug Fix

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 14, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced one year ago in March of 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 33 includes fixes and improvements for JavaScript, WebRTC, Media Streams and Capture, Media, CSS Grid, Web API, Rendering, and Web Inspector.

Today's update also includes a specific bug fix that allows Netflix to properly work with Safari when using AirPods and it addresses an issue causing stuttering audio in YouTube when the page changes visibility.

With Safari 11 now available to developers through the macOS High Sierra beta, Apple is providing two versions of Safari Technology Preview, one for macOS Sierra users and one for those using macOS High Sierra.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 33 With Netflix AirPods Bug Fix

2. Preclaro_tipo macrumors regular

Does anyone recommend browser speed test sites, or remember which tests Tim Cook mentioned at the 2017 WWDC?

3. iOSBry macrumors 6502

Any word on the html5test.com score?

iOSBry

4. Internet Enzyme macrumors regular

Internet Enzyme

457, Chrome Canary is still higher at 515.

5. omihek macrumors regular

omihek

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Which feature would that be?

7. nvmls macrumors regular

nvmls

Open any youtube vid and let it play a bit, move the video timeline slider back, watch the image freeze. It's been like this since version 30. If anybody cares.

8. neander, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017

neander macrumors regular

So its still not fixed it.. damn. I posted about it in the last Preview thread but no one cared.

9. groovyd macrumors 6502a

groovyd

yep, same here video scrubbing and video playback in general is all jacked up.

10. groovyd macrumors 6502a

groovyd

Anyone else getting 'a problem with this page caused it to reload' a ton lately in this tech preview of safari? I get it almost every minute or so in Facebook.

11. Internet Enzyme macrumors regular

Internet Enzyme

Maybe try clearing the cache?

12. groovyd macrumors 6502a

groovyd

will do... doesn't happen in the regular safari and only started a day or two ago.

13. flowsy macrumors regular

flowsy

Next update should be coming soon after the release of 10.12.6 beta 4 today. I hope they fix the YouTube/html5 playback issues.

14. Kensai macrumors member

Kensai

My God, every two minutes. It drives me crazy!!

15. groovyd macrumors 6502a

groovyd

yeah i tried clearing cache etc. as suggested but it did no good. Decided to uninstall the tech preview and go back to the standard product once again. Well that lasted all of 2 days or so ;)

16. JaguarF macrumors newbie

JaguarF

True but it's like that on Safari 10.1.1 for me, as well.