Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 35 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced more than a year ago in March of 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 35 includes fixes and improvements for Media, Web Inspector, JavaScript, Accessibility, WebAssembly, WebCrypto, Web APIs, and CSS. Today's update also includes two performance-related bug fixes for MotionMark Suites and Speedometer.

With Safari 11 now available to developers through the macOS High Sierra beta, Apple is providing two versions of Safari Technology Preview, one for macOS Sierra users and one for those using macOS High Sierra.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 35 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

2. Saipher macrumors regular

Saipher

Ok, we all know what comment comes next... just give us the score already. :)

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I get this:

An error has occurred
    The update has been deleted since being downloaded from the Apple Software Update server.(301)

When I restart it's gone, yet when I reload the Appstore in the menu it shows up again but get the same Error when trying to install. Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 20.20.31.png

4. isomorphic macrumors regular

html5test: 457.

I had no problems upgrading in the App Store.

5. Vashetti macrumors member

Vashetti

Has anyone concluded whether STP is ahead of the Safari in the High Sierra betas?

Which one should we be using if we want the most up-to-date version?

Edit:

High Sierra beta 3 - Safari 11.0 (13604.1.28.2)

Safari Technology Preview 11.0 (13604.1.29)

Guess STP is slightly ahead.

6. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

Since it is released today. Two weeks later, the HS beta 4 Safari will be ahead again, till they bring out STP 36.

7. macintologist macrumors 6502

In general, what technologies developed in Safari TP have eventually trickled into Safari?

8. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

Almost all, I'd say, at the tip of the tongue. It is like Safari got its own beta version in STP. :p

9. redpandadev macrumors member

by turning on all of the experimental features in the Develop menu, you can get a 462 in STP.

10. hamishb macrumors newbie

11. CPx macrumors 6502

Looks like they fixed some bugs it had with twitter.com.

Er but... Netflix isn't working for me. Anyone else?

12. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

Just tested, Netflix is working fine here. Also finally I can click through Youtube videos again without frozen pictures.

13. CPx macrumors 6502

Ah ok thanks. After clearing netflix website data, it's working now. Sweet.

14. robertcoogan macrumors 6502

robertcoogan

Be super awesome if they brought back the old style RSS reader.

15. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

Feels snappier! @Saipher

Just kidding... ;)

Is there anyone who has enough knowledge and might be so kind to explain if enabling all those experimental features in my screenshot is a good idea? I have no clue about a single one of them. :oops: Exept "Link Preload" what seems obvious to me.

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 01.53.15.png

16. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Had that problem with the last STP version, but it's working for me now.