Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 45 With Bug Fixes and Feature Improvements

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced more than a year ago in March of 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 45 includes bug fixes and feature improvements for Rendering, JavaScript, CSS, Web API, Media, Web Inspector, and Accessibility.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 45 With Bug Fixes and Feature Improvements

atikalz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016

Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced more than a year ago in March of 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 45 includes bug fixes and feature improvements for Rendering, JavaScript, CSS, Web API, Media, Web Inspector, and Accessibility.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 45 With Bug Fixes and Feature Improvements
Favicons?

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Why not use the "save results" and share the link so we can compare the differences?

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
This is what is causing the discrepancy. How the hell do I fix that when everything is ticked?
Could be location specific. Apple may have limited the payment api if you are not in a region where Apple Pay is implemented. For Service workers, maybe a bug that make it not working.

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
I've deleted Safari Tech Preview in the past and reinstalled it, and all the Experimental Features were still ticked. Is there a cache file somewhere I can delete to start it from scratch and choose those settings again?

I've tried unticking and ticking again in my current STP and that doesn't help HTML5test detect them.

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
Deleted as many STP caches as I could find, still 464 on a fresh install of it.

No idea what the 'issue' is or whether it simply should be like that on my machine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.