Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

safaripreviewicon.jpg
Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced three years ago in March 2016. Apple designed the Safari Technology Preview to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview release 94 includes bug fixes and performance improvements for CSS Shadow Parts, Web Animations, Storage Access API, WebRTC, MediaDevices, JavaScript, CSS Grid, Web API, Web Inspector, WebDriver, and back/forward cache.

The new Safari Technology Preview update is available for both macOS Mojave and MacOS Catalina, the newest version of the Mac operating system that was introduced at the June Worldwide Developers Conference.

The Safari Technology Preview update is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 94 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

tlight

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2016
Jacksonville
It still keeps opening every window twice when I open STP or restart my Mac. I really hope they fix this soon, it's annoying.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Oh, really?

Fixed the memory leak, yet? You know there is something wrong when Safari has became even worse than Chrome regarding memory usage. 45-50 percent memory pressure with 3-4 open tabs is unacceptable!

Reactions: nebo1ss

maneta

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2018
Oh, really?

Fixed the memory leak, yet? You know there is something wrong when Safari has became even worse than Chrome regarding memory usage. 45-50 percent memory pressure with 3-4 open tabs is unacceptable!
that's true...
and if you have 8 gb of RAM...it's a pain

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Oh, really?

i had to stop using Safari. It is unusable with the memory leak. The use of memory just grows until it either crashes or becomes unusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.