Apple Releases Second Beta of iOS 11.2.5 for Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 20, 2017.

1. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

So far so good on 8 Plus

Going to update 6s plus tonight

2. From0toHero macrumors regular

From0toHero

Yes it does. The clicking sound is gone with 11.2.5 Beta 2 very happy. But after installing the beta and deleting my beta profile, i can’t get rid of the developer email app. Well better than the click lol

3. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

I wonder when the sporadic iOS 11 iPad rotation bug will be fixed...

4. MiSNemesis macrumors newbie

I don't understand what is the point on being a BETA user when you know nothing of what is in each release. So take a risk and install BETA software and have fun trying to figure out what has changed. Makes no sense.

5. Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

Why would you delete your beta profile while still running a beta? That makes no sense.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 21, 2017 ---
    That's not the role of a public beta tester. Their role is to report any issues that might arise in normal use of the software.

6. Lemonsoon macrumors member

Is there an easy way to downgrade back to ios 10?
    My iphone 6 takes 5 seconds to launch ANY app at 100 % battery

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Might consider looking into getting the battery replaced if it's in fact related to the power management throttling.

8. JDW macrumors regular

JDW

Will 11.2.5 be the non-speedthrottled version? ;-)

9. chucker23n1 macrumors 65816

chucker23n1

It’s not about what changed; it’s first and foremost about ascertaining that it runs fine on your device. Apple already knows what changed. What they don’t know is how well it behaves in real-works usage.

10. pinskerj macrumors newbie

11.2 (and 11.2.1) - if reduced motion is enabled, swiping up from the bottom to home always causes a little haptic, even with system haptics off. Very annoying. I am not sure why this is linked to the reduced motion setting. Definitely a bug.

11. xSeaside macrumors member

I wonder if they finally fixed the mail app? My mail app keeps crashing if I enable my Outlook mail account.

12. toke lahti macrumors 68020

Or just lighter throttling. My iP6 is lagging like hell. Maybe this is a sign for Apple to make warranty replacement of the battery...

13. hagjohn macrumors 6502

hagjohn

I have an issue loading webpages on my iPad at times. It seems like all connectivity seems to die at times, even wifi. I have to reboot to get connectivity again.

14. PickUrPoison macrumors 65816

Al connectivity or just Safari? I have had issues with Safari sometimes losing connectivity. But usually it seems to be limited to just a single tab. If I open a new tab it’s fine.

But sometimes all my tabs stop working. In that case, I’ll force quit Safari. When I re-open it, it’s ok again. Happens maybe once a month. I don’t remember ever having to restart my phone to fix it. Your problem might be completely different though.

15. mossme89 macrumors 6502

How has it been with pairing with bluetooth audio devices? Since iOS 11.1 for me, my phone has been temperamental with playing bluetooth audio. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It will always connect but just not play for some reason. I use Spotify. 11.2 has been better but not perfect.

16. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Likely not, the idea behind the throttling is to prevent the phone from being unable to get the voltage needed to power it. I doubt they can change the way lithium ion batteries work with software.

17. Phonephreak Suspended

Phonephreak

Your right, battery tech is at its limits right now. Apple should have told users their battery is degraded and needs to be replaced. The way they did it they should have had a popup say “your phone is old. Buy a new one “

18. hagjohn macrumors 6502

hagjohn

I've tried to force quit safari and tried to open new tabs but that never helps. I lose all connectivity. My iPad won't even check the mail. I have to reboot.

19. Martasx macrumors newbie

The iphone X does not work when someone calls and I look at it does not make a ringtone.
    I'm using translator.:)

20. Kidrome macrumors newbie

Has anyone been able to update their apps through the App Store?

iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS 11.2.5 Public Beta 2

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you having some sort of issues with that?

22. Kidrome macrumors newbie

I’m, that and the (#images) app in Messages. It doesn’t load any without WiFi.

23. AveryFreeman macrumors newbie

AveryFreeman

oOoooh, does that mean it's NOT speed-throttled? I sure hope not!

Installing it now ... wish me luck ...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 29, 2017 ---
    My iPhone 6+ still has 2600mAh out of 2915 -- I don't need no stinkin' throttling!!
    Do yourself a favor -- if you have an old backup from iOS 9.x.x, go back to it!!

If you install 11, you won't be able to downgrade, and you'll be stuck with speed throttling!! 9-versions were the last not to do it. If only I had known!!!
    Plus the chicks dig it...

24. Nisaja macrumors 6502a

25. LonnieK macrumors newbie

does this update address the problems that thousands of newer model cars owners are having with their bluetooth connections that the software update 11.1 created. Has anyone contacted an attorney to start a new class action?