Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sajinseethi

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2010
I hope they integrate music detection into Apple Music app. It would be really cool. Will be easy to find all the previously discovered music and to also quickly launch for new music detection.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Now if only Apple would allow parents to control the hardware/on-device volume to set limits on it. Guided access is not an acceptable workaround. Yes, submitted this already to feedback multiple times and in an email to Tim Cook.

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
Still more completely useless Apple updates.
How about fixing some of the existing bugs?
Apple needs to:
1. redesign the notification center. It's ridiculous.
2. add haptic feedback to the keyboard, and make it possible to customize different intensities to your heart's content. It's crazy that you have no feedback whatsoever if you're typing and have the phone on mute.Those who are concerned with battery can just turn it off.
3. make it possible to adjust volume for independent apps and settings and not this general thing they're doing, forcing you to do it while the thing is being played, such as separate volume control for keyboard volume, music volume, ring volume, system volume.
4. add suggestions from the address book when you're dialing a phone number. Common now Apple.
5. make it possible to customize the texting app in every conceivable way. Font size, bubble size shape color.
6. make it possible to schedule a message to be sent at a certain time/date.
7. make it possible to move the icons anywhere you want to.
8. Use an OS-wide clipboard and make it not expire. You should be able to copy text now and paste it tomorrow if you want to.
9. Give us an option to NOT go to the next email but back to inbox after deleting an email.
[automerge]1601413007[/automerge]
Hope it fixes the laggy keyboard typing!

It doesn't. Not on my phone at least. Xs-Max.
Nor does it fix the dimming of the screen where you have to turn it off and on again to get it to its correct brightness.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Still more completely useless Apple updates.
How about fixing some of the existing bugs?
Apple needs to:
1. redesign the notification center. It's ridiculous.
2. add haptic feedback to the keyboard, and make it possible to customize different intensities to your heart's content. It's crazy that you have no feedback whatsoever if you're typing and have the phone on mute.Those who are concerned with battery can just turn it off.
3. make it possible to adjust volume for independent apps and settings and not this general thing they're doing, forcing you to do it while the thing is being played, such as separate volume control for keyboard volume, music volume, ring volume, system volume.
4. add suggestions from the address book when you're dialing a phone number. Common now Apple.
5. make it possible to customize the texting app in every conceivable way. Font size, bubble size shape color.
6. make it possible to schedule a message to be sent at a certain time/date.
7. make it possible to move the icons anywhere you want to.
8. Use an OS-wide clipboard and make it not expire. You should be able to copy text now and paste it tomorrow if you want to.
9. Give us an option to NOT go to the next email but back to inbox after deleting an email.
Those aren't really bugs, and quite a few of those things are bigger redesigns that likely won't come with something like a point update.

Reactions: calstanford

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
Can someone confirm if typing using the on-screen keyboard in CarPlay now works? It got spoiled for me, and in Maps Google Maps, and Waze, I effectively cannot use the on-screen keyboard.

Dizzy714

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Still no implementation of hand selected photos for the Photo Widget? Sick of having ‘Widgetsmith’ stamped on my phone. Or, just implement a ‘hide app labels’ feature - just like the dock is, simple. Smh.

A4orce84

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2012
Does this update contain the fix for the default browser/mail apps that get reset when power cycling the phone? Thanks in advance to everyone for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Appears to be working just fine for me. Not experiencing any issues.
This was working on my 2019 A12 based iPad mini for IpadOS 14.0 betas and official release. But stopped allowing 2160P playback with same app version as soon as I went to IpadOS 14.2 beta 1, now beta 2.

This is verified via stats for nerds with latest 15.39.4 YouTube use app.

What are you utilizing?

DrTek

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
I have noticed a big change with 14.2 beta and the Samsung Duo wireless charger. Prior to 14.2 beta, once the phone was fully charged the light on the charger would turn green to signify that the phone was fully charged. Now, with 14.2 the light constantly stays red and keeps charging the battery. Hopefully that will be fixed with the 14.2 release.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
**** the emojis! Fix the fitness / health app and restore my 4 years of lost data.
It’s my belief apple can fully participate in emoji development and updates and carry out software development activities as well. Pulling out of the emoji consortium wouldn’t have necessarily prevented your data loss.

markfc

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
It’s my belief apple can fully participate in emoji development and updates and carry out software development activities as well. Pulling out of the emoji consortium wouldn’t have necessarily prevented your data loss.

And yet it gets a higher development priority than fixing the fitness bug? 14.2 still doesn't fix the issue.

markfc

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
Possibly two separate and distinct teams working with different release schedules that each aren’t on the critical paths for the other teams development?

Well yes of course. The trouble is Apple are being typical Apple. Instead of owning up to the problem and being honest about it they continue to lie and tell users no one else has reported the issue despite their own forums running into hundreds, thousands of people with the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.