Apple Releases Second macOS Sierra 10.12.3 Beta for Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 21, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra 10.12.3 update to public beta testers, one week after seeding the first public beta and one day after seeding the second 10.12.3 beta to developers.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the 10.12.3 macOS Sierra beta through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and macOS Sierra betas. Betas should not be installed on a primary machine due to the potential for instability.

[​IMG]

According to Apple's release notes, the 10.12.3 update "improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac." No specific changes, bug fixes, or feature additions were discovered in the first two developer betas.

Article Link: Apple Releases Second macOS Sierra 10.12.3 Beta for Public Beta Testers

2. baddj macrumors 6502

The beta is still not showing up, I have reinstalled the macOSSierraPublicBetaAccessUtility with no luck.

3. HansHeino macrumors newbie

HansHeino

Here it shows up. Did you try pressing CMD-R?

4. baddj macrumors 6502

did not work, I even just done a full reinstall on my beta partition, installed the macOSSierraPublicBetaAccessUtility and still nothing says no updates available.

5. madOnApple123 macrumors newbie

madOnApple123

I hope they soon make it able to create java programs with touchbar support...

6. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

..miss the times when beta update were exciting. Now I don't even know wtf has changed or was fixed.

7. knguyench macrumors member

my Office 2016- Excel crash many times on 10.12.2. I ask some supporter Microsoft say that's issue by Apple; then ask Apple say maybe by Microsoft. I don't know what happen.

8. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

I wish Apple had a changelog for these. Even if they changed the most minute of things, they still should list it. I don't wanna see that it improves system stability and fixes bugs. I wanna know what bugs it fixes and how it improves system security. It seems like I update my mac every week, and each time it takes like 20 minutes, and comes out the other side completely unchanged. What is the point of a beta program then?

9. RednBlue macrumors regular

RednBlue

"incremental improvement"....but I know what you mean!

10. sashimimi macrumors member

sashimimi

isn't there a way (utility program maybe) to get a glimpse on what an update changes ? (if only what files are altered)

11. DNichter macrumors 604

DNichter

Not getting this update either. Currently set to receive beta updates. First time this has happened so I don't know what's up. If anyone knows of a fix, let me know.

12. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

Have you installed the latest Microsoft Office updates? are you running the 32bit or 64bit version?

13. knguyench macrumors member

14. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

It's a beta - which reminds me:
    How did you actually get the current beta 2?
    I have been signed up for the public beta program since the current series began (back in Yosemite, I think?), so getting updates, sometimes every week or two, sometimes more frequently, is part of the "fun", an experience that I, for one, enjoy.
    Now the Sierra beta 2 was announced a couple of days ago, but for me, nothing.
    I've tried removing my Mac from the beta program, then redoing that from the beta access utility - nothing
    Reinstalled 10.12.2, which means that the beta 1 is gone from my system, too. Restarted, reset the router, tried a force download of the update, including doing that from the terminal, with the softwareupdate command.
    No updates, nothing. the App Store pref pane shows that I am set to receive beta software updates, but none appear.

Anybody else with a similar result?
    Maybe I am just experiencing some kind of withdrawal symptoms - I dunno. My 'fix' is there, but I can't get at it!

Who can help me, it's a plea from deep within my addled (apple'd? :D ) brain

15. DNichter macrumors 604

DNichter

Same thing for me. Never an issue. Reinstalled the OS, same results. Set to receive betas, but haven't seen anything for 10.12.3. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution.

16. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

17. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

No real expectations. That said, with it being the holiday season, more than likely nothing will happen as far as any final public releases before Jan. 5, and likely some weeks after that.