Apple Releases Third Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today released the third beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update to public beta testers, one day after seeding the third beta to developers and two weeks after releasing the second 10.13.4 public beta.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will be able to download the new macOS High Sierra beta through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

[​IMG]

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 introduces support for some features that are also available in iOS 11.3, like Messages on iCloud, which uploads all of your iMessages to the cloud. It will also support Business Chat, a feature coming when iOS 11.3 and macOS 10.13.4 are released to the public.

The new macOS update also includes the smoke cloud wallpaper that was previously only available on the iMac Pro, it changes the name of the "iBooks" app to just "Books," and it introduces a warning when opening up a 32-bit app as part of an effort to phase them out.

In the future, Apple plans to phase out 32-bit Mac apps, just like it did with 32-bit iOS apps. Apple says macOS High Sierra is the last version of macOS that will support 32-bit apps without compromises.

Article Link: Apple Releases Third Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 to Public Beta Testers

2. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Looking forward to this update. I’ve heard from friends this is the version Apple should have shipped in terms of quality.

So much for Craig’s claim they focused in quality this release. Guess that’s app,e code for we didn’t put new features in and don’t want to look like they’re abandoning the platform just quite yet.

3. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

But...but...but... HairForceone is a great guy....

4. vindictum macrumors member

vindictum

I’m unable to get the update to show up in the App Store. Tried installing the public beta and dev beta profiles several times... Has anyone experienced this and/or has a solution?

5. haddy macrumors regular

It worked fine for me. On my late 2012 27" iMac both public beta 2 and public beta 3 instigated a firmware update...getting to be a habit:)
    10.13.4 Beta (17E160e)

6. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

Go to the Apple beta test site and log in. Download the access file again. That should solve your problem.

7. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

Are you already on a beta, or an official release?
    Had the same thing happening coming from 10.13.3. This was the first of the 10.13.4 betas that I wanted on my machine, but upon enrolling, installing the utility, and checking for updates, nothing. Tried all sorts of different things and the only thing that worked was to reinstall High Sierra from recovery. Crazy.

8. Babygotfont macrumors member

Babygotfont

no, you're not crazy ... its another CF by apple developers ... those coming onboard late to the beta see exactly *squat*

9. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

Me being crazy has nothing to do with it. But it's crazy that I had to reinstall an OS, just to get the beta to show up. :D

10. vindictum macrumors member

vindictum

Already tried, didn't help.

Thanks, reinstalling solved the issue.

P.S. And yes, it's completely crazy, but hey, there's a reason it's called beta, right :)

11. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

But...the issue was on an official release, not a beta.

12. fischersd, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Well, if someone was hammering the update server, Apple may just have a backoff (ie ignore) option in there.

If people are changing their catalog in terminal, if they have a type-o in the catalog, they won't get the update.

Developer Catalog URL: https://swscan.apple.com/content/ca...ion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

Beta Catalog URL: https://swscan.apple.com/content/ca...ion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog URL

Me, if I wasn't getting the update, I'd set it back to production, leave it for an hour, then set it back to beta and check for an update.

Edit: Oh, and per Beta 3 - nice to see that they fixed the problems with Amazon Prime Video playback in Safari.

13. Msivyparrot macrumors regular

Msivyparrot

Yet again Youtube.com and the left margin, the screen is not correct under safari technology preview 50...this must be the 12 update and yet this is still not fixed!!!

14. amaze1499 macrumors member

amaze1499

15. Huwpne macrumors newbie

Still unable to login to iTunes, App Store etc in this build, anybody else having the issue where no Password box is appearing

Attached Files:

16. Msivyparrot macrumors regular

Msivyparrot

I live in a country where there is no real functionality to itunes, so I have never really used it, many of the features of the Apple system are not viable here, not sure, maybe a legal thing. I did have that problem with app store, but I used the system pref and that seems to work, the only issues I have are youtube on safari technology preview 50, left margin too wide, duetdisplay does not work under HS beta!

17. carestudio macrumors 6502

is it identical to the latest Developer beta?

18. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

19. BaltimoreMediaBlog macrumors 6502a

BaltimoreMediaBlog

Apple's The Walking Dead...
    Still waiting for the MAIL program to stop bringing back from the dead DELETED mail from an hour or day before.
    What is the purpose of the delete or spam buttons if they do not work and the email keeps coming back?

This makes me want to pull my hair out.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2018 ---
    You just said a mouthful. This is what bothers me most. I'm so frustrated with the bugs in the official release that I'm downloading the betas in hope of a fix so I can report it. Apple is doing this all wrong.