Apple Releases tvOS 13.4.5 for Fourth and Fifth-Generation Apple TV Models

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released tvOS 13.4.5, the fourth major update to the tvOS operating system that runs on the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models. tvOS 13.4.5 comes two months after the launch of tvOS 13.4.

tvOS 13.4.5, a free update, can be downloaded over the air through the Settings app on the Apple TV by going to System > Software Update. Apple TV owners who have automatic software updates enabled will be upgraded to tvOS 13.4.5 automatically.

tvOS updates are almost always minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and small feature tweaks rather than major outward-facing changes.

We didn't find new features during the beta testing period, so it's not entirely clear what's new in the updates. Apple will share details on the tvOS 13.4.5 update in its tvOS support document, but release notes often state little more than general performance and stability improvements.

Article Link: Apple Releases tvOS 13.4.5 for Fourth and Fifth-Generation Apple TV Models

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
How about letting me watch the Netflix Kimmy Schmidt interactive episode on the Apple TV??? I don't understand why it won't play there.

Reactions: markaceto
Comment

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
How about letting me watch the Netflix Kimmy Schmidt interactive episode on the Apple TV??? I don't understand why it won't play there.
This was the case with the interactive Black Mirror episode/season too right? Something about AppleTV made it impossible.

Comment

Joniz

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
tvOS updates are almost always minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and small feature tweaks rather than major outward-facing changes.
I’d be happy if they would just fix the connect AirPods, volume control doesn’t work that they broke in 13.

Driving me nuts.

Nope! Still not fixed. Thanks a lot, Tim Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: femike
Comment

iDento

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
They need to fix the TV app UI. It is supposed to be designed for whole family and yet, even me, an Apple fan hate to scroll through all the channels I don’t subscribe to, hate that there are two apps, Computers and TV, and the Computers app is barebones. Just copy Plex or Infuse.

Comment

markaceto

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
Netflix's beef with Apple. See also: Netflix shows won't appear in Up Next, constantly having to sign in, no remote shortcut for closed caption... They've made it very clear that they would prefer we used the dedicated Netflix button on our TV remote to access the Netflix app through Android TV.

Sidebar: enough with these interactive TV shows!

Comment

jasonefmonk

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
[…] the tvOS operating system that runs on the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models. […]
In the nit-picky department: there is currently no 5th-gen Apple TV hardware. The 4th-gen Apple TV was renamed to Apple TV HD when updated to include the modified Siri Remote. Apple lists the Apple TV 4K as a new product line, not a 5th-gen of the old line. This is similar to what happened with the iPad/iPad Air product lines.

Comment

DEman19901

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2016
Where’s the new hardware?!
I hope that it's a lot cheaper. If I were able to do a trial run before I bought my Apple TV 4K, there's no way I would have kept it. I own all 4K streamers including the new Tivo Stream 4K and Apple TV is nowhere near being $130 better. If so it would be the one I used most.

Reactions: mjs916
Comment

jazz1

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Netflix logout is driving me crazy!!! I have a very convoluted password and inputting it on my three Apple TV’s just is awful. Also, already posted in these these forums. Where the heck is the new Apple TV?!?!.

Comment

Wags

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
I hope that it's a lot cheaper. If I were able to do a trial run before I bought my Apple TV 4K, there's no way I would have kept it. I own all 4K streamers including the new Tivo Stream 4K and Apple TV is nowhere near being $130 better. If so it would be the one I used most.
Hmmm. Many say that but still have?
Especially not paying premium for over 2 1/2 year old device.

Comment

urnotl33t

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2017
Cary, NC, USA
Netflix logout is driving me crazy!!! I have a very convoluted password and inputting it on my three Apple TV’s just is awful. Also, already posted in these these forums. Where the heck is the new Apple TV?!?!.
Remote app from control center. Copy/paste your swanky password from your password app (1password).

(No app in control center? Visit Settings - Control Center - customize controls)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.