Apple Releases VESA-Compatible Mounting Bracket Kit for iMac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 14, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With the iMac Pro now available to order, Apple has released a VESA mount adapter kit for the computer on its online store around the world.

[​IMG]

The kit comes with everything you need to replace your iMac Pro stand with a mounting bracket, which lets you attach your iMac Pro to any VESA-compatible wall mount, desk mount, or articulating arm to customize your workspace.
    The kit is priced at $79 in the United States and is currently estimated to ship in 2-3 weeks, so deliveries should begin in January.

While ordering the iMac Pro on Apple's online store, the kit can also be added for $79 as part of a custom configuration.

Article Link: Apple Releases VESA-Compatible Mounting Bracket Kit for iMac Pro

2. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm glad they're selling this as a kit.

They should do this for the other iMac models too. Having to buy the machine with the VESA mount and no option to turn it back into having a stand REALLY hurts resale value.

4. iMerik macrumors 6502a

It's great that they are selling this VESA kit. Sometimes, though, the Apple premium pricing on everything they put out is exhausting.

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Is $79 that bad on a $5K minimum machine?

6. iMerik macrumors 6502a

I suppose that's how they get away with it. Anything seems cheap when you're already spending $5k-$13k. What's another $79 here or there?

7. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

So now you can wall-mount the fastest Mac and use it to watch Netflix!

(yeah, I know VESA has other uses.)

8. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

I recall posting in the first thread early this week about the ventilation ...

Now with a Wall-Mount and the iMac Pro right up against a wall (potentially not in all use cases) I still see this ventilation being an issue over the long term use.

Who's buying one?!

9. Music Ambulance macrumors member

Music Ambulance

I always though Jobs and Ive failed with ergonomics with the old round iPhone earbuds, and the sunflower design of the iMac. Looks great as an object in a room, but after a string of 16 hr days the lack of vertical adjustment was just BS. We’ve always stacked half a foot of books under ours. Pleased to see a solution finally.

10. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

No chillin' bro? :D

11. madrobby macrumors regular

madrobby

12. kwikdeth macrumors 6502a

this is considered a DIY upgrade? looks to me like you'd have to disassemble the iMac to install it.