Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released its first television commercial for the iPad 2, taking a philosophical approach to focus on the experience of using the device rather highlighting its technical capabilities or specific features.This is what we believe. Technology alone is not enough. Faster, thinner, lighter...those are all good things. But when technology gets out of the way, everything becomes more delightful...even magical. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this.The new ad has been posted on Apple's iPad page and on its YouTube page.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'We Believe' Commercial for iPad 2

Mercury

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2003
interesting. Wonder if they'll keep variations of this in rotation while adding model-specific ones?

smileyborg

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2009
I really like this ad. Maybe this will be the new direction of Apple's marketing?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
This ad will never work. People want ads that make them feel like teenage boys. I know this from Android ads. Steel and lasers, Apple. Steel and lasers!

mlayer

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
Simple and to the point

Juxtaposition of medical apps to a simple preschool numbers trace shows the broad appeal and power. Sorry competitors, if you think this is just about a web browser on a tablet you clearly have no vision. Apple is yet again skating to where the puck is going.

Also - Peter Coyote's voice always adds gravitas.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

amazing commercial that gets to the core of why the apple experience is so good. kudos marketing team.

strabes

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
technology

"Technology gets out of the way"

That's why I got a Mac/iPhone in the first place. Get out of my way, Windows/Android!

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
I actually think this isn't apples best ad. I mean there is nothing wrong with it, but I usually expect more from apple.

They better make another ipad 2 ad, because this is there only one

HahaHaha321

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2011
Great concept, I love it. But it was poorly executed. Who picked the music for this ad? It's terrible. And the voiceover is on the verge of creepy.

I miss old Apple ads. Their advertising is going downhill while their products keep getting better.

alexhasfun28

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2009
in the southwest.
This is something people need to realize once in a while. It’s not about CPU and RAM. A Droid Incredible can have an 8 megapixel camera, and the photo quality may be not be the best people expect. An iPhone 4 can have 5 megapixels in a sensor and people are delighted with the quality!

Specs are nice, but learning that it actually WORKS, is something other.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
That's funny. Your description lists every apple product you own except the iPad 2 :eek:

good point, he doesn't have an ipad he is just trolling.

people don't understand that if 1,000 ipads have a problem with backlight bleeding, thats still only .01% of ipad 2s Sold.

And apple will replace any ipad with backlight bleeding

iZac

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2003
Shanghai
Far better than the "if you don't have an iPhone" ads. It eludes to enriching your life rather than showing off to your mates down the pub.

pkson

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
Such a great ad.

They should have done something like this and not the "well you don't have an iPhone" ad.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
They always find a way to zoom in the screen and make it look nicer than what it actually is. The resolution is too grainy.

I am spoiled by the iPhone 4 display.

baddj

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
Love this ad makes me want to buy one. only if there was stock on Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.