Apple releases Wireless Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by celticpride678, Jan 25, 2010.

1. celticpride678

Apple Wireless Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1

This firmware update improves battery performance of the 2007 aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard when used in combination with other bluetooth devices (eg. Magic Mouse, some bluetooth headsets) and addresses an issue with the 2007 aluminum Apple Keyboard and the 2007 aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard where a key may repeat unexpectedly while typing.

For further information on the update, see this Apple support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL997

2. smokestack macrumors member

Apple Updates Aluminum Keyboard Firmware

just showed up in my software update.
    pushes FW to 1.1

"This firmware update improves battery performance of the 2007 aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard when used in combination with other bluetooth devices (eg. Magic Mouse, some bluetooth headsets) and addresses an issue with the 2007 aluminum Apple Keyboard and the 2007 aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard where a key may repeat unexpectedly while typing. The update also addresses other issues."

I never experienced any problems... anyone else?

UPDATE: didn't brick my keyboard, but required a system restart after firmware upgrade utility completed.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There have been reports that using the 2007 wireless keyboard and the Magic Mouse cause the keyboard to not sleep. This will hopefully fix these issues.

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Did the update, haven't noticed any difference.

5. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

Ran the update. It's been fine over the last week or so mind.

Hope this sorts out consumption probs.