Apple Remote app iPhone audio question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kraftwerk, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kraftwerk macrumors newbie

kraftwerk

I just discovered the Apple Remote app. I was sitting on my couch thinking, 'Wouldn't it be great if I could control my iTunes library with my iPhone?' Within a minute I had the app. Amazing.

Now, what I'd really like it to do is to play the audio from my iTunes library stored over there, via the audio out on my iPhone. But this is impossible, right?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

3. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

You know I have been using the remote app for years now and never knew you could stream to the iOS devices. This is AWESOME. I only keep about of a third of my music library on my phone and none on the iPad.

I regularly connect my phone to my speakers in my garage and now I can stream ALL of my music to the garage or living room.

Thanks for teaching me a new trick. I'm honestly pretty shocked I never figured this out before.

4. kraftwerk thread starter macrumors newbie

kraftwerk

5. kraftwerk, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

kraftwerk thread starter macrumors newbie

kraftwerk

OK, a further query. I set up sharing between my MacBook Pro and iPhone 5. It works fine, but I can't get the entire library to show up on my iPhone. The whole library showed up first time, but now I only get a random selection. I didn't change any setting meantime. I've enabled share entire library in iTunes prefs, but still it's the same. Also, none of my playlist content shows up, though the playlist titles are listed.

Any ideas?

6. kraftwerk thread starter macrumors newbie

kraftwerk

It's OK, I got it. Signed out of sharing on my iPhone and signed in again. Talk about archaic solutions!

7. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'm glad to see it helped the two of you. If you don't want to fool around with Home Sharing, you can subscribe to iTunes Match and have your entire library (limit 25K songs) always available to you even while not at home. I use it daily to stream my music while I'm at work or at a friend's house.