Apple Remote App problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Greenman85, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Greenman85 macrumors regular

My Apple remote will not connect with my computer(2008 macbook) but it will connect with my 2 friends itunes that are right next to me. I have turned firewall off, reset it, allowed secure connections etc... tried everything, but it doesnt work. HELP! Thx

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe you have to un-pair it first with the other two computers.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

The thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

thread title is fine. and no, that is not even close. it didnt work on mine, tried everything BEFORE i paired it with the other two. i think it is a glitch.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Apple Remote do you have, the white or the aluminium one?
    And what version of Mac OS X and what Mac (there were two MacBooks in 2008, white and then aluminium) are you running?

And I don't think the thread title is fine, as it is not clear what your problem is and only has the name of the product in it (like I would make a thread titled "iMac" and am looking or help on how to pair my blue tooth to its SD card slot), but that is your decision.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=19566357 or http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You may be having a problem with you infrared receiver. Check to console logs. Your thread title sux teh b1g 0ne.

6. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

ok i am a hypocrite and a moron. i should have specified it is the iphone app. i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. i posted this in the os forum because the app works but its on my computer side that is messing it up. any helps greatly appreciated

7. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

or you could just open it and see what the post is. title nazi. im guessing you spend enough time on a computer that you it would not be a big convenience

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Had you used a better thread title, you would have gotten some better replies. Thread titles are a big problem in busy technical forums. BTW, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

PS: Change the damn thread title.

9. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

k

10. pdjudd macrumors 601

+1 We have no idea what you could be refferring to by saying “Apple Remote” because it can apply to several different things that have nothing to do with each other and require different steps of support. How can you expect a good answer when we might not understand your question and just ignore it.

Second, this is the OSX thread. The Remote App you are talking about is for the iPhone and should be asked in the iPhone section. There is a reason we are confused.

ETA: Thanks for fixing the threat title, but I think this should be moved by a mod to the iPhone section or cross posted there... But that’s just me.

11. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

i have to post this in os because the app is working fine. my computer is the side that is messing up. there is some setting or glitch in my os x(10.6) that is preventing it from working.

ps the thread title is no big deal. can anyone help me or not? going crazy. thx

12. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Please use the word fascist the next time okay! The word nazi has been used to death (in many ways) and fascist is much older (+2000 years), and I like it that way.

And it is your decision how you communicate, and it seems you're poorly at it. But you're just 24/5 so who gives a smeg, there are still some decades to go.

13. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

dude, this is a message board. so no one knows?

14. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yeah, you're right. The world wild wet excludes genuine and appropriate communication. I forget that all the time, as this is not even part of a real world.

If you want help, lay out your problem properly and don't exclude important stuff, like the one about the iPhone app.

And sorry I can't help you with your Apple Remote problem, and evidently not with your communication skills.