Apple Remote App

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Crazy Badger, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Probably a long shot, but is anyone else having problems with the Apple Remote App for the Apple TV?

It was working fine, but I don't use it often, so can't say exactly what might have caused it to stop working. I wanted to scrub through a film yesterday, so went to use the App as I don't have the remote to hand.

The App is finding my Apple TV (4) but when I click to connect I just get a spinning star. Removed the pairing and tried to setup again, and it's triggering the PIN on the ATV but never bringing up the screen to enter it on my iPhone.

aTV is running the latest version of tvOS but my iPhone is still on iOS 10.1 and I don't really want to update it. App Store says the app should be compatible with iOS 9.

Thanks

2. istopdrop17 macrumors newbie

istopdrop17

Installing the update is your best bet here. Let us know if that solves the issue for you.

3. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

I don’t bother the app itself anymore, just use the TV remote that’s now in Control Centre.
    But for that you’d need iOS 11.

4. Crazy Badger thread starter macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I'm not updating iOS. I like my JB iPhone 7 with a completly black front, and Apple decided this wasn't allowed from 10.2. I've always kept up to date in the past, but for now my iPhone 7 will stay on 10.1, with or without a working Apple TV Remote :(

[​IMG]