Apple Remote Desktop 3.8

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello I'm thinking of buying Apple Remote Desktop 3.8. I have a question will this allow me to remote in and take over my grandmothers imac at her home? I often have to explain things or provide her tech support on her PC which we use TeamViewer but i'm starting to feel that isn't secure and I'm setting her up a new iMac.

Thanks for your help

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Hello I'm thinking of buying Apple Remote Desktop 3.8. I have a question will this allow me to remote in and take over my grandmothers imac at her home? I often have to explain things or provide her tech support on her PC which we use TeamViewer but i'm starting to feel that isn't secure and I'm setting her up a new iMac.

Thanks for your help
Team Viewer is the better tool for this sort of thing, particularly if your grandmother is using a Windows computer. What you'd be doing with Remote Desktop isn't but a tiny fraction of the capability and can all be duplicated with free options like Team Viewer. Security isn't a significant concern for this sort of thing.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Ok thanks so I'll keep using Team Viewer and save my 80.00 :) I did buy her an iMac and I'm setting her up on it tomorrow.