Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Hey guys

So I recently got Apple Remote Desktop and I'm having a little trouble.

I have it all installed and basically I want to be able to control clients from our hosting company to help them set things up etc. They are running snow leopard, when I enter their IP I see their computer but can never connect.

They have enabled remote management in Sharing and have enabled it for all users.

I heard that there is client software to install on the remote PC, but I also heard it is built in to Snow Leopard and obviously I don't want to have to install software on every customers' pc.

Any help please?

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Yeh I know about Teamviewer but I'd rather do it using this method seeing as I already have the software.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yeh I know about Teamviewer but I'd rather do it using this method seeing as I already have the software.

It only takes a few seconds to download TeamViewer, which is free. The same goes for your clients. I use it to support clients on Mac OS X and Windows and it's extremely simple to use, for both the support tech and the clients. If you prefer something else, that's fine, but that's my best recommendation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.