Apple Remote Desktop / Screen Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pknz, May 15, 2009.

1. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Hi I am trying to set up Apple Remote Desktop and Screen Sharing between my mac pro (home computer) and a new Macbook (white laptop).

I wish to be able to use Apple Remote Desktop from both computers. I have had this working between an older work laptop.

I don't seem to be able to connect to the Macbook from the Mac Pro, I cannot share the screen or connect using ARD. I enter the username and password of the account I use on the Macbook but connection takes a while and is then refused. I can however, connect from my MacBook to my Mac Pro

If I allow Screen Sharing instead of Remote Management from the System preferences, it requires that the the user of the Macbook accepts my request to view the screen. However if using the Macbook I can connect and no permission is requested. If permission is granted I can only share screen in ARD and not control.

The user account I use on the Macbook is an "Admin, Managed, Mobile" account. Would that have an affect?

Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You might have saved the wrong password in ARD.

3. ajbrehm macrumors 6502

Are you sure Apple Remote Desktop is not running on the machine you are trying to connect to?

4. cjonesia macrumors newbie

Remote Desktop

Is there a version that will allow the client computer to be using os 9.1 instead of mac os x my adminstation computer will have os x 10.4.11
    Thanks,
    Chad