Apple remote disconnects constantly/touch pad is jumpy

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sportsfanMAW, Nov 28, 2015.

1. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

I'm having an issue with my ATV remote. It keeps randomly disconnecting and then reconnecting for no reason. I thought it might be because it was running low on battery, but after a full charge it keeps doing it and has kept doing it for a few days now. Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?

I've also been having an issue with the touchpad. Sometimes it is 4-5 seconds behind and it jumps all over the place. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue above, but definitely annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

I was experiencing 'mushy' buttons, at times unresponsive, especially the volume up/down, with the remote that came with my ATV4 -- I took just the remote to the Apple Store and they swapped it out for a new one, works perfectly now. Not required, but registering my ATV4 at the support site before going to the Apple Store sped things up a bit as I purchased it at Best Buy.

3. fpnc macrumors 68000

You also need to check for any sources of interference with the Bluetooth, since it uses the 2.4GHz band which is also used by many other types of devices (including some versions of WiFi).