Apple remote/iPod touch issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Grood, Oct 5, 2007.

1. The Grood macrumors regular

iPod touch in universal dock with sounds sticks:

Just now, for no apparent reason, my appple remote stopped forwarding tracks or pausing. Tried another remote. Same problem.

Volume up/down still works though.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

Now it's a volume problem

Sorry to bump my thread but...

I re-synced the touch which fixed the track forward/back problem.

But now the volume adjust button only changes the iPod volume setting, not the soundstick volume - which severely limits the maximum sound level.

Whatever I do, it seems I either have to lose the track control/pause function, or suffer hugely reduced sound output.

Argh!

Any advice?

3. MvdM macrumors regular

Same kind of problem here

Mine stopped reacting to the remote after it was locked (1 minute auto lock is on). Only the volume up/down worked, but the volume bar on the touch itself did not slide at all. In the settings/info the universal dock (old version) was not found. I choose to reset the touch (Reset all settings) and now it works like it should.
    What week is your touch from, mine's a 39er.

4. MvdM macrumors regular

Hardware or software related?

So our touches seem to' loose' the connection with the dock, but not entirely. It doesn't show the dock in it's inventory and the touch acts a bit like my iPod mini did. Which means the volume goes up/down without changing the volume on the touch itself.
    My question : is it a bug in the software or is there something wrong in the touches' hardware?
    After resetting the touch it recognizes the dock and acts like it should. I did not take the touch out of the dock, so I don't think there's something wrong with the connectors.

5. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help - I'll try resetting tonight.

Mine's a Macy Gray - haven't checked what week. But no screen probs etc.

Love it.

6. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

so do you guys suggest getting the apple remote for the touch? It seems to be working now? Because I dont want to keep taking out my touch to change the volume or song; i'd much rather just use the remote to do that.