Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
I got my MacBook Pro the other day and it is SWEET!!

More out of curiosity than anything, i was wondering how the Apple Remote keeps charged? Theres no way of plugging it in to be charged, so i was thinking it must be solar.

Anyone else know?

mdavey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Scarlet Fever said:
I was wondering how the Apple Remote keeps charged?

It is a 3v lithium battery. You can replace the battery by pressing in the little button on the base using the wooden end of a matchstick, a spent ball-point penor similar object. The battery should last 3-12 months under normal use at room temperature.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
I would imagine it's much like the Oral-B toothbrushes. There are no connects, but it charges. Very clean and every nice.

Wouldn't it be nice if every home had little plates everywhere, and you didn't "plug" anything in, you just put little round pods where the plugs should go, magnetically held in place, and it provides charge or power? It'd be like "MagSafe" for your house....

EDIT: Okay, I was wrong, thanks mdavey. But I still think my idea is hella-cool. :-D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.