Apple Remote With Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kam760, May 4, 2008.

1. kam760 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering whether Apple still bundle remotes with Macbooks. I bought a black 2.4ghz Macbook just over a month ago (~1st March), and my friend within the next few days also bought one (same model). He had a remote bundled with his Macbook, yet mine didnt. I am having trouble actually finding any mention of this clearly on the internet.
    I thought perhaps the offer started after I purchased mine, but found out that they bundled them before.
    Also I checked the Apple Store UK website and if you click on Apple Remote, it says,

" Apple Remote with Mac
    Included with most new desktop and notebook Macs..."

We both bought ours in Manchester.

Thanks

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I believe Apple stopped bundling them. You may have picked up a newer one while your friend got one from a previous shipment which still included the remotes.

3. JoshLV macrumors regular

I think that they stopped bundling them. My MBP didn't come with one either, so I had to purchase one seperately.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Apple stopped bundling the remote with the newer Penryn based Macbooks. It's likely you got a newer Macbook and your friend didn't.

5. kam760 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, definitely did not have a remote with my BlackBook 2.4 Penryn 250GB, but I was able to get one for $20 at the Apple Store. All they have are those white ones. If you've got one now, just don't include it when you sell your MB! I picked-up my BlackBook at the end of February '08. :eek:

7. jotamurray macrumors member

Otherwise try the salling clicker application. you can use your phone as a remote. The good thing is that your phone is always on you and the remote gets forgotten in any drawer at home.

8. JonnyBlaze macrumors regular

This is my first post on the forums, just wanted to say thanks for mentioning salling clicker, it's a brilliant application for using your phone as a remote!! I didn't buy the apple remote as i figured i'd loose it or never remember to take it with me when i need it. Just tried this app now and it works great with my N95.

9. Tania macrumors newbie

Yeah I didn't get one with my new Macbook, but my MBP had one, which of course I lost ages ago. :rolleyes:

10. krypticos macrumors regular

yea they stopped bundling them they charge 20 dollars for them on there store