Apple Rep advised me to "wait for Leopard"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by safetyobc, Oct 12, 2007.

1. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I just visited the Apple.com online store. I clicked the "Chat" icon in the top right corner and asked the rep some questions about the Macbook I was interested in but also expressed concern about buying a new Macbook today and being disappointed in a couple weeks if a new "upgraded model was released." The Rep advised me to "wait for Leopard."

Not that this is news, but she said it would be out by the end of the Month (Leopard that is).

She probably has no knowledge of any new notebooks coming out, but as others have suggested, I am waiting for Leopard. I just wish they would come on with it already. I am ready to buy today!!!!

2. paulyras macrumors 6502

Amen. I want a new MBP NOW. I wish they would just announce the date and start the up to date thing today...

3. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

What's Leopard?

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Wonder how many people went to the online store in the past few minutes to see if they got the same answer.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Well they would say that, seeing as it's only a few weeks away...

The rep telling you to wait doesn't have to be anything to do with new macbooks. :rolleyes:

6. maninthemoon macrumors newbie

If you are just waiting for Leopard (an not mb upgrade) and planning on purchasing apple care you can buy your mb/applecare from powermax.com and they will ship you leopard after it is released.

7. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

..yeah.. Leopard? :confused:

8. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

OMG?!?!?!

Are YOU freaking kidding me!?!?!!!111!!1!!!!!!111!!!11!!111!1!!!!1 #$!%1!!

9. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

lol yes im kidding you. but whats this thing I hear about an iPhone? :rolleyes:

10. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

11. TheStu macrumors 65816

Is Leopard the iPhone? Man, I am so confused... companies and their silly codenames... I'm still trying to figure out how to fit a Tiger into my MacBook... those things have teeth and claws... and they do not like tight spaces.

12. tollboothwillie macrumors newbie

tollboothwillie

just go to the zoo and feed a tiger alot of turkey when it passes out there yea go

13. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

But leopards apparently do and that's what bothering me! :confused:

14. TheStu macrumors 65816

Really? Sweet! That is truly excellent to hear, i should get one of those iLeopardPhones right away then. It will fit in the UBS port right? Cuz my Samsonite phone doesn't.

15. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

You called Apple and they told you that Leopard was coming out in a "few" weeks? That means that it is coming out in November instead of October since if it were coming out in October he certainly would have said "2" weeks since it is already the middle of October. I can't believe Apple lied to us. I can't believe they are delaying Leopard again! I can't believe you created a post telling everyone that Apple is confirming that they promised to ship Leopard by the end of October.

16. mojitochica macrumors member

Does PowerMax charge sales tax?

17. MAW macrumors regular

they're located in oregon, so no.

18. AppleAddict! macrumors newbie

I am also Waiting before buying a new macbook.

19. sal macrumors 6502

leopard is just around the corner, you probably should wait.

I however didn't take that advice and bought a macbook pro. I needed it now and couldn't wait because my old laptop stopped working.

20. iTouch macrumors 6502

You "expressed concern that a new model will come out when Leopard is released", so the rep told you to wait. It sounds like the rep was expressing common sense to me. The rep has no idea if and when a new model comes out and instead of dragging on a conversation, she gives you peace of mind by agreeing with you about "waiting." I think the question is, What do expect the rep to say other than that?