Apple Repair. Different keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FilmIndustryGuy, Jun 29, 2017.

1. FilmIndustryGuy macrumors member

I have a 2015 rMB that I just gave to apple due to a stuck button again. I got it beck with an invoice stating that they replaced the top case and event the logic board for some reason. THe top case indeed looks new but the keys feel different too. I compared it to my 2017 rMB and although they don't quite feel as snappy as the 2017 keyboard, the 2015 now feels more snappy. I also always had a LED light bleed from under the keys. the 2017 doesn't have this. Now i noticed the 2015 keys also don't have any side light bleed.

Is Apple replacing the keyboards on the older rMB with different versions? I'm also curious why they would replace the logic board. Any way to find this out? The replaced keyboard doesn't have the same little indicators on the Control, Option keys like the 2017 does. Could this be the 2016 keyboard i got?

2. maerz001 macrumors 6502

maerz001

Afaik there is no reported keyboard difference between 2015 and 16.

And from a production view it makes no sense to keep two different lines running.
    So maybe they really replaced it with the 2017 version.

Regarding the logic board. I don't think it has anything to do with the keyboard

3. wolfie macrumors regular

I agree with the OP. My 2015 required a keyboard replacement. When I got it back, the keyboard did indeed feel different. I thought it was my imagination at first, but it wasn't. There really is a diff feel.