Apple Repair Quality Control is Garbage.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pahok, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Pahok macrumors newbie

So, in the past week, i've sent my macbook pro mid 2010 unibody in for repair two times already, tomorrow being the 3rd. :mad:

The first, was because of keyboard failure.

The second, I get it back 4 days later from repair, to find that they have downgraded my logic board, so paying $2300 for the i7 2.66ghz with 512mb gfx, downgraded to i5 2.4ghz with 256 gfx. I was angry. I went back, and they realize their mistake and back it goes to Apple repair. 4 days later again, I get it back, I turn it on @ the apple store, to see if I have the correct logic board. It is correct.

NOW, as I tried to run some apps.. problems arose.. again :mad:, it seems that my MacBook Pro freezes when it switches from the built-in graphic card, to the Nvidia one. Going back in tomorrow for a 3rd repair in a row this week..

Two and a half months left before my warranty is over. Sorry for the rant. This driving back and forth this is becoming a waste of time and gas.

What should I do guys???

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Fortunately, your experience is not common. Apple's repair quality is typically top notch. Of course, that doesn't help you, but wanted to point that out for the sake of others visiting this thread.

Normally, I'd say just have them repair it again, however, since they had a big slip-up with the logic board and you're still having problems, you can request a replacement. They don't have to honor that request (official, albeit not public, policy, would offer a replacement after three repairs for the same part/issue), but when customers have major issues like that, they are usually good to work with. I'd recommend talking to a manager in the store since you're taking it in, or call and ask to speak with Customer Relations. That's the department that has the authority to do whatever they want to keep customer's happy. Some customers with major problems have even received compensation in the form of accessories or Apple Store gift cards in the past, although don't assume they'll be willing to do that.

jW