Apple Repair without Receipt

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dylananious, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Dylananious macrumors newbie

Guys Help!
    My macbook pro 2.8 ghz 2011 13 inch (if you need to know) is rattling, and having this growling sound. Then after 5-10 minutes, the sound will resonate 5 times as loud combined with moaning. I want to take the 4 month old mbp to one of the stores, but i don't have the receipt. omg, plz do help, and i really appreciate any advice. Thanx for your time! :)

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

You should be fine. As far as I know, they can look up all the information with the serial number. I got my computer repaired without a receipt.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

They run repairs through the serial number which is registered on the day the computer is purchased, you don't need a receipt.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

No worries, they will look at your serial # to see if you are still under Apple Care or not.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

As long as you didn't remove the serial from your entire computer, you're good to go.

6. Dylananious thread starter macrumors newbie

thankx

thank you so much for your help. i really appreciate it! :)
    but how can i fix the rattlling?

7. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Ummm...take it to the Apple Store. Wasn't that the point of this whole post?

Seriously, unless you stole the computer or got it in some illegal manner, you should be fine. They can look up the serial number and will know if it's covered under warranty or not.