Apple repaired now it won't boot, rmbp.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shaunyac, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Shaunyac, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013

Shaunyac macrumors regular

Shaunyac

Just got my macbook back from Apple for a new screen under warranty and now it won't boot.

The chime happens and the apple logo shows, then a loading bar fills about a 1/10th underneath it, a spinning circle comes up then it turns off.

Can't repair hdd, given an error and can't even reinstall osx as it gives me an error again after you click ok to apple verifying, any help would be appreciated, really can't be dealing with another trip back to the Apple store.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've fixed this now, I had to do an internet recovery, currently in the process of re-installing Mountain Lion. Was hoping it would be fine after coming back from the Apple store but they do warn you that you could lose your data :(

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Shouldn't for a display repair though. That's pretty lame.

3. Lightning Bolt macrumors member

I'm curious what you did to fix the shut down during boot up?

Also, what caused it?

4. Shaunyac thread starter macrumors regular

Shaunyac

I had to wipe the disk using disk utility, holding command & R on boot and reinstall osx using the internet recovery tool thingy. There is an option for reinstalling it in the recovery boot but it wasn't working for me, so I wiped the disk, rebooted, command & R, then it went straight to internet recovery.

I have no idea why it happened, possible it could have been a failed firmware update whilst it was at the Apple store, but that's just a guess.