Apple repairs, loaners?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by n8236, Dec 2, 2008.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

So my MBP's screen inverter is busted and my Apple store already has the part in stock. But because I work in IT, I can't live without my machine for a few days. I don't have ProCare, but do have AppleCare, that's why I was able to get the part under warranty.

What are my options at this point? I really do want to get this fixed, but there's no way I can leave my machine for 3 days due to my line of work -_-

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Apple do not offer loan machines. If you have a business need for a machine 100% of the time you should have a contingency plan in place for when your primary machine breaks/gets damaged/stolen...

3. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Maybe find another authorized repairer who can do the fix quicker? I'm currently waiting to get my top case replaced but am in a similar situation. I'm going to wait until I get my apple cert so I can just repair it myself though.

4. glassmen07 macrumors member

5. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Take a few tests, I passed the first one (hardware) a few days ago and am taking the software one after xmas probably.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Become a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician:

http://training.apple.com/certification/acmt

You need to be employed by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or somebody with a Self Servicing Account to be able to order parts.

7. glassmen07 macrumors member

hey thanks for that link, I'm going to look into it.

8. Cap41 macrumors 6502

You could purchase a macbook at futureshop or bestbuy, use it and return it within your 14 days. no questions asked.