Apple replaced 3gs, was it refurb or new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidmess, Aug 4, 2009.

1. davidmess macrumors newbie

Today apple replaced my 3gs. Was it a refurb or new since it just came out. Will the battery be new or used?

On a side note: the tech switched the screen protector over and got a few tiny hairs stuck underneath it, since it was an accessory purchased with the iPhone and an apple care plan, is it too picky to ask for them to replace it? The hairs are only noticeable on a white background (they're 3 tiny black ones)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

1. It was probably a refurb, without providing any information to us, I'm not sure how we can help.
    2. They were attempting to do a favor, you can ask, but if they say "no" I hope you understand why.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's nasty! Take it back and have them put it on properly and w/o the hair....:eek:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

1. Check the serial number. If it starts with a 5K it's RESERIALIZED. If it starts with anything else it's brand new. RESERIALIZED is usually reconstructed with ALL NEW PARTS. So there really is no difference.
    2. They have tossed out several of my screen protectors ... Feel lucky they tried to re-apply yours!

7. davidmess thread starter macrumors newbie

one last question, i'll probably do this, does it matter where a screen protector is purchased? Should I buy yet another 14.95 screen protector set? Or can I get an off the market one for cheaper.

If I have applecare, will apple cover the screen protector (if it damages the phone or something weird) if i buy it from apple (months after I bought the phone)?