Apple replaced my iPhone for $200, how long will they do this for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris227, Jun 1, 2011.

1. chris227 macrumors newbie

I got some water in my iPhone and they replaced it for $200. Just in case anything happens down-the-road I don't want to pay the full retail. So, how long will they replace my phone for the cheap $200? And can I extend it?

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

You got water in it, so that's probably in-warranty non-covered replacement price. So AppleCare might extend it. The only way t be sure is to ask Apple though.

3. sbddude macrumors 6502a

$200 is the out of warranty repair price.

Out of warranty can be because of time or because it got wet or damaged.

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

There you have it. That should be the price for the entirety of the time Apple support covers the phone.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Hes asking how long will Apple continue to replace your Out of warranty device (such as water damage, ect) for 200$. Who knows, but Apple has done this for as long as I know. They still replace the 2G for 200$.

6. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Right. And I'm saying that it should happen until Apple stops backing warranties of any sort on his model of iPhone.

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Oh haha I kept this tab open and your comment was never there because I didnt refresh the page. But yeah Apple shouldn't change this anytime soon.

8. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

the correct answer is this:

they will repair out of warranty damages for the length of your original warranty, or 90 days from repair. which ever is the longer

so if you repair it at 5 months you have your original warranty

if you repair it the day before your warranty expires you get 90 additional days

so a maximum of 15 months warranty coverage is possible

cheers

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

you didnt read the question either.

Op. Apple WILL NOT get rid of the 200$ out of warranty fee. So down the road if you ever get water damage or crack the screen, then you will pay 200$ for a refurb.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

For as long as people break their iPhones Apple will keep replacing them for $200.
    If it's 4 years old or more you might have problems finding a store that has refurbs of your model in stock but still doable.

11. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

They will do it as long as you have a broken iphone to give them in exchange. This courtesy that apple bestowes is only applicable if you have a unit to turn in. so a stolen or lost iphone will not be eligible for it. I think they will continue to do it as long as they have replacment units to give. When they mfg a model they run extra parts for inventory and they refurb old ones as they come in. Once those parts supplies run low they will stop replacing that model.