Apple replaced my screen wrongly.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bluegiz90, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Bluegiz90 macrumors member

So I took my Macbook Pro in for a repair last week due to the Wifi not coming on (Hardware not detected). I got the call this morning and went on down to pick it up and everything seemed to be fine.

However, when I got home, on closer inspection I noticed the Icons were much bigger. I checked the resolution and the max resolution it displays is 1440x900, although my Macbook had the 1680x1050 higher rez fitted when I had ordered it.

Was going to check back in tomorrow to see them, just wanted to know what you guys think will happen, maybe a free upgrade to the latest model? (Currently using the mid-2010 model). Just seemed a bit strange because myself and the Apple Genius at my appointment had agree'd only the bluetooth and wifi would be replaced, I don't understand why the screen was swapped out.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I know for some Macbook Pros the Bluetooth board is in the hinge part of the screen. And to replace the Bluetooth, the whole screen assembly needs to be replaced.

3. ruvil macrumors regular

Fells to me like they will most likely replace your screen to the one for your resolution

4. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

its possible that the technician damaged your original screen somehow and therefore replaced it within properly identifying the appropriate replacement. It happens. Hopefully they just offer you an upgrade for the trouble.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you originally had the high-resolution option, there should be no reason why they wouldn't give that back if they had to swap out or replace something. Just go back and they'll correct the error.

6. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

They'll just give you the proper screen. If you're hoping for a new MBP, keep dreaming.

However, it wouldn't totally shock me if they went that route. This is Apple customer service, you know. :rolleyes:

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

They will replace your MBP with what it was suppose to have - Period

So, aim high - really push for an upgrade - make them very much aware of their mistake and the problems it has caused you. Claim up the ladder to a manager if you need. Worst thing that could happen is they say NO - then you push more - and if all else fails they replace screen and install the correct one.

If they dont upgrade your model ask for some sorta of compensation for your problems. Store credit - then negotiate how much credit.

That is what I would do personally - IMHO - I did my part they didn't do there part - they compensate for it.